IELTS Letter- Complaint

Hi Luschen,

Can you please rate my letter and please suggest improvements.

You recently went shopping at the local supermarket. When you reached home, you found that you were charged for an item that you did not buy. Write a letter to the manager.

In your letter

-Describe what happened

-Say you are unable to collect refund and suggest the refund method

-Say what you want him to do

Dear Sir,

I visited your store to buy some groceries yesterday. My invoice number is 12345. When I got home and I studied bill, I found that I was charged for an item that I had not purchased.

I checked all the groceries with a view to calculate the bill. There were 28 items in total while the bill showed otherwise. The bill read 29 items- one item that I did not buy. Therefore, I studied the list once again and found that I had been charged for Duracell batteries costing $9.00. I remember having not bought these batteries for sure. Is it possible that the cashier at register could have billed them by mistake. You should get this difference a routine inventory check.

Since I will not be able to visit for this refund, I request you to credit the difference amount on my membership card, My membership card number is 1111 2222 4444 5555. Additionally, I want you

To train your staff for accurate process scanning and billing, avoiding both under and overbilling.

I solicit your co-operation.

Yours Sincerely,

Bill Gates

2 Likes

HI Deepak, I thought you did a very good job with this letter. You addressed all parts of the prompt correctly and effectively. Your writing is clear throughout, but I do think there are some improvements that could be made here and there to make it even more clear. Still, i think as written, it might score a band 7.

2 Likes