IELTS essay about zoo

Some people think zoos are cruel and all the zoos should be closed. However, some people think zoos are useful to protect the rare animals. Discuss both these views and give your opinion.

In a traditional sense, zoos are places with a variety of animals, from rare to common, from aquatic to terrestrial animals, where visitors can touch these animals closely and save endangered animals. However, recently, some people hold the view that zoos are regarded as inhuman that should be closed. This essay will elaborate on both positive and negative effects of zoos.

Someone who advocates the opinion of forbidding feeding animals in zoos believes that zoos are too small to maintain animals’ instinct. Tigers should have hunted prey in the wild, but now they can get food from keepers, which makes them much lazier. It is undeniable that birds staying in the cages means loss of freedom. In addition, animals’ normal living habits are broken. Every day, millions of visitors rush into the zoo to visit these animals, in order to meet visitors’ meet, animals had to shorten their sleeping time which is harmful to their health actually. Furthermore, dolphins are always trained to perform to the audience, although it looks like developing their potential, in fact, they deserve our sympathy.

However, people should pay attention to the importance of zoos. Modern zoos can indeed function as a sanctuary for endangered animals, therefore helping maintain ecological balance. A successful example is a kind of China panda which lived on the region growing arrow bamboos before its habitat was destroyed more than few years. Nowadays, the survival rate of babies of giant pandas increases when they are raised in advanced facilities in zoos. Pandas do not have to worry about the lack of foods, instead, abundant bamboos are prepared for them every day. Just like other rare animals, under the experts’ help, their family members will be more giant than before in a short time as well, whereas the life quality of animals outside the zoos is difficult to guarantee.

As far as I am concerned, it is wise to spend time and money on zoos, zoos have protected an increasing number of endangered animals, but there are also some shortcomings, so we should put forward our reasonable suggestions to improve the management of zoos.

TOEFL listening discussions: What is the design of the sweatshirt?

Hi Candy, I think you did a really good job on this one. I think you are definitely making fewer errors. Your grammar was very good, but you still had some sentences that were a little vague or unclear and could be written better. So not quite a 4.5, but a solid 4 out of 5.

By the way, they have two giant pandas in a zoo a few hours from my city. Here is a photo. There was also a panda baby, but I could not get a good photo.

wowww, it’s so cute! chubby and furry, it’s my favourite animal, I want to hug it.