I want to learn how to rewite sentence.

Hi all of you,

I want to learn how to rewrite sentence in English.
Yesterday I searched on Google about it, but I only found a few7 informations and exercises. Please tell me where can I practise this kind of exercises, and if you have any tips or advice about this, please share them with me. Thank you very much in advance.
Please corrct my writing.

Have a good day to all of you!
Hoado

You could try searching Google for “rephrase exercise”: I found some useful exercises.

Thank you Cerberus.
Hoado

Hi Hoado, you meant what kind of exercise: transforming a sentence or finding the sentence that has a similar meaning with a given sentence?

Hi Tortoise,

This kind of exercise: “Finish the second sentence in such a way that it means exactly the same as the first”

1. Henry regreted buying the second-hand car. Henry…
  2. Amanda finally managed to get a good job. Amanda finally…
  3. They have sold that old house at the end of the road. That old house… "

or this:
"Rewrite the second sentence so that it has a similar meaning to the first. Use no more than 5 words.

You must never take your helmet off while you are riding a motorcycle.
all
Helmets must be worn …when riding a motorcycle.

They wanted to apologize for their behavior: that’s why they paid for dinner.
Order
They paid for dinner …for their behaviour."

Hoado

Yeah, that kind of exercise is often called sentence transformation. Are you preparing for an Olympic competition, e.g. Olympic 30-4? You’re from Vietnam, right? This kind of exercise is now popular in such competitions only.

Search for “sentence transformation”, you will find many useful materials. Besides, you should buy the collection “Tuyen tap de thi Olympic 30-4 mon Tieng Anh”. It contains many old and sample papers.

Hi Tortoise,

Thank you very much for your help.
No, I am not preparing for an Olympic competition. I want to study English because I need it for my job. I am a lecturer at an University in Hanoi. Since I had to read and study many documents which relate to my subject are written in English, I started to study it. As you see 80% resources on the Internet are English. Besides, I want to help my children to do their English homework.
Last week, my daughter, who had been studying at an English training course with a teacher from Amsterdam primary school asked me to help her to do this kind of exercise. That’s why I came up here with the question about “Rewrite sentence”, because I myself have never studied it before. While I was trying to do this kind of exercises, I found that it was good to me to learn it too. Thank you Tortoise. I will look for the collection “Tuyen tap de thi Olympic 30-4 mon Tieng Anh”, and I will buy it for my daughter and myself to study.
What about you? What do you do and can you tell me the reason you study English? It is nice to see many Vietnameses study English on this site.

Have a good day to you!
Hoado