I studied your analysis of why our expenses are shooting up and I found that you are a bit ..... of the mark. You attributed the rising costs to the increase in electricity prices, which do play a role, but the increase in gasoline prices has had much more of an impact on our expenses.

I studied your analysis of why our expenses are shooting up and I found that you are a bit ..... of the mark. You attributed the rising costs to the increase in electricity prices, which do play a role, but the increase in gasoline prices has had much more of an impact on our expenses. (*) narrow (*) on (*) constricted (*) wide

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://english.best/questions/14418,i-studied-your-analysis-of-why-our-expenses-are-shooting-up-and-i-found-that-you-are-a-bit-___-of-the-mark-you-attributed-the-rising-costs-to-the-increase-in-electricity-prices-which-do-play-a-role-but-the-increase-in-gasoline-prices-has-had-much-more-of-an-impact-on-our-expenses/
3 Likes

The correct choice is ‘a bit wide of the mark’ which in the given sentence means ‘you didn’t explain the reason for the rising costs correctly’. By the way, climate change will soon be causing billions of dollars in damage.

1 Like