I rewrote my writings as your corrections, please correct them in grammar, vocabulary and ideas

question 1:
Why should the applicant be considered for a Scholarship?

To whom it may concern,

I am Nguyen Thi Van Khanh, currently the leader of the foreign language group of Lao Cai High School for the Gifted, Lao Cai Province, Vietnam. I have had the pleasure to work with Nguyen Minh Duong since 2011 when he was still a high school teacher in a remote mountainous district in Lao Cai province. Over the past few years, Duong has demonstrated excellent progress both professionally and personally, which sets his apart as one of the most outstanding young teachers at our school.

Duong is known as an innovative young teacher in the school’s foreign language group expected to bring improvements in teaching methods and helping students make career choices. During his three years of teaching at a remote school in Lao Cai province, he helped many ethnic minority students not only learn English but also use English in communication to serve the future work. He continued to take a short course in Singapore on pedagogy and methodology to gain more new knowledge and methods for teaching. Recently, he has been one of the pioneering teachers in employing modern education methods, especially the STEM method in English teaching. That is - an English learning method by doing through small projects related to science, technology, engineering and math. Thanks to this method, my school’s students learn English well from doing practical engineering projects jobs. I wish Lao Cai High School for the Gifted would comprehensively innovate its methods of teaching English and to be a must – study destination for those who pursuit their promising carreer related to learning English in Lao Cai province. I fully believe that Duong, after this master’s course, will be able to build a perfect English program in our school, both in theory and practice.

I appreciate the leadership and cooperation in Duong’s work in http://truonghocketnoi.edu.vn / - a professional exchange forum of teachers in Lao Cai. Here, he has taken leadership of the professional activity group. Many of the lectures he has posted on the website have been a reference source for many teachers and students at my school. I am pleased that Duong organizes professional exchange sessions, sharing teaching experiences with high school teachers in Lao Cai city on this forum. Therefore, this will be a fascinating place where Duong will bring the new knowledge he learns from the master course to help and share with many other teachers in disadvantaged areas in Lao Cai province who have no chance to study and access modern education.

For all of Mr. Duong’s contributions, I highly recommend Duong as a candidate for your master’s program. Should I have to give more information regarding Duong or this recommendation, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely yours,
question 2 : **a letter from my school to recommend me to a master course in Australia
I am privileged to write in support of my dear employee and colleague, Nguyen Minh Duong. I have known Duong for the past five years, having served as both his employer and his colleague. During this time I have witnessed his tremendous growth and development. This development comes not only in the area of leadership but also in maturity and character as well. I believe Duong would be an excellent addition to your course – a master of education course

First, I saw Duong as a teacher with a high responsibility for work, the ability to build professional organizations and good career orientation for students. I have found the qualities in Duong exemplified by his organizing English club extracurricular activities where he serves as the chairman. In particular, an extra-curricular program called 12-hour Challenge where he designs a wide variety of outdoor activities has been an extra-curricular model for schools in the whole province. Moreover, as a homeroom teacher of a class, Duong always shows that he has many new methods of career orientation for his students. However, in recent years, the rate of unemployment among our school’s students after graduating from university has been increasing because the initial career orientation is not effective. Therefore, having been learned new methods related to vocational education, Mr. Duong will be expected to solve this problem.

Until now, Mr. Duong has been known as a leader in the Ho Chi Minh Communist Youth Union at the school. He used to hold the position of secretary many years before. Mr. Duong impressed me with his students’ management skills. In fact, Lao Cai High School for Gifted Students is known for the learning environment where students have a high sense of discipline, this has had a significant contribution from Mr. Duong as the head of the student management board. I also appreciate Mr. Duong’s creativity and enthusiasm through the radio program called La Casette which he founded. This radio program serves as a forum to answer all students’ questions about learning, about school or about students’ future career orientations through daily broadcast news.

Given the excellent education of your university, I am confident that Duong will be able to prepare himself for future endeavors. He has my highest recommendation, and I am happy to furnish more details if you would like additional information.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at (+84)888736888 or minhthuansp@gmail.com

Hi, I am not sure of the proper way of referring to people in Vietnam. In the US, and in Australia, it would be odd to refer to me by my last name only. It would always be “Mr. Luschen”, not just “Luschen”.
Here are my other suggestions:

2 Likes