I need to get a new hobby. I have a ..... to start pottery lessons

"I need to get a new hobby. I have a ..... to start pottery lessons and it will save us money on flower pots if I learn how to make those myself," Beth said to Linda. (*) mind (*) opinion (*) feeling (*) action

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://english.best/questions/14446,i-need-to-get-a-new-hobby-i-have-a-___-to-start-pottery-lessons-and-it-will-save-us-money-on-flower-pots-if-i-learn-how-to-make-those-myself-beth-said-to-linda/
2 Likes

This is a tricky question for me because I can’t decide whether it’s a feeling or a mind but it looks as though her mind is made up to start pottery lessons in order to save money and a feeling isn’t that of a strong word to use here. She has set a goal for herself in order to achieve or accomplish something which in this case is saving money so I believe the answer is mind. I’m not sure though. Please let me know what the answer is!

2 Likes

You got that absolutely right – the idiom to use here is ‘I have a mind to’ meaning ‘I’m planning to…’ :+1:

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s what I thought but I was like what if it’s not and it had me going there for a minute. I had to contemplate before I wrote down an answer. I like this question! It had me thinking!

2 Likes