I don't expect perfection... by Kitosdad.

I don’t expect perfection from anybody, but it would be very nice.
All I ask of you is that you submit your very best effort in the topic you are posting.
I certainly get angry when I see people trying to post three or four essays in a day, all with the same errors, over and over, in spite of their frivolous,“I’ll do better next time,” closing comments.
If you can’t really be bothered to do your best, then please don’t waste my time, and the time of others who are desperate to pass the TOEFL.
If you write poorly, then you will also speak poorly. The two go hand-in-hand, and you will never pass the TOEFL if you think you can just try in a half-hearted fashion.
I have been here long enough to be able to sense just who are the ones who are really trying, and those who are not.
To reflect this, in future I will score from 0 to 10, but in a more realistic fashion for those who feel that they are doing enough, because they are not.
My ambition is that you will all pass the exam with high marks, as your success will reflect on this Forum, a Forum of which I am justifiably proud. Therefore, no more slacking!
This is the best Forum on the Internet for learning. We do all that we can to ensure your success, but like all of the better known universities, we are not prepared to carry passengers, because they are going nowhere, so they may as well get off the bus right now.

OK, tomorrow I will be looking for only your very best work. It will be marked accordingly. If it doesn’t show improvement it will be marked down.

Kitos.

TOEFL listening discussions: A conversation between two students in their first class of the term