I don't care if what I said hurt your feelings or if you felt insulted. You can't hit people in the face just because you are angry. I am going to have you charged with assault and ..... for this

I don't care if what I said hurt your feelings or if you felt insulted. You can't hit people in the face just because you are angry. I am going to have you charged with assault and ..... for this. (*) aggression (*) aggravation (*) hitting (*) battery

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://english.best/questions/16789,i-dont-care-if-what-i-said-hurt-your-feelings-or-if-you-felt-insulted-you-cant-hit-people-in-the-face-just-because-you-are-angry-i-am-going-to-have-you-charged-with-assault-and-___-for-this/
3 Likes

I don’t care if what I said hurt your feelings or if you felt insulted. You can’t hit people in the face just because you are angry. I am going to have you charged with assault and battery for this.

answer: battery

4 Likes

That’s correct. There are so many English words that have a variety of different meanings and ‘battery’ is just one of them.

3 Likes

I have always been baffled about this topic. I did some research about assault and battery and what I found is that the only difference between them is the physical contact. My question is why is always someone charged with assault and battery if there were no words exchanged? Shouldn’t that be only battery since battery is when there is physical contact? Can someone help me out on this topic?

3 Likes