How to use this forum?

Hi,I currently need someone’s help to correct my essay because I need to submit it for teacher. Yours help is very Appreciated!! thank you!!! Here is the title: Describe, in less than 300 words, a short essay on a subject of personal importance to you. You may choose any topic. Examples include: an event which has influenced you or a family member/friend/person who had a significant influence on you.)

Every single people around us could be an inspiration or role model if perceived in the right manner no matter who are them either they was rich, poor, or their social status.
In my life, my father is the people who inspired me the most. The reason is I observe him and knew him since I was born. He is the person together with my mother who raised me up and made me who I am. He might not be perfect or successful, but just some of his simple little things can inspired me a lot.
First of all, since the age I started sensibly, what I can remember was, before year 1997 Asian financial crisis happened, our family had been a rich family. I could buy anything I want, went to overseas to have a vacation. Unfortunately, that incident had made my family financial status went to pear-shaped. My father had loss a lot in the investment to bonds. However, my mother told me that the incident had made many people commit suicide and bankrupt. What I impressed is, my father bit the bullet and accepted what he knew had to face. This incident had taught me to be tough to face all the unhappy or crisis that we face.
In addition, my father also taught us to be thankful. We might not have a lot if compared to before, but if thinking of those poor peoples, there are still a lot of them do not even have what we owned. At least, are still have house to live, food to eat and water to drink. We owned simple things that humans need while some peoples dun even have. He also told me not to blame when facing problem, must try our best to solve the problem and not give up easily unless we had tried.
On the other hand, I had learned to have integrity. My father has demonstrated this in his life. He always done all things as what he promised to anyone, not only to his clients, but also us as his children. He will not give us a perfunctory answer if he can not make it. Although now he is retired, he still demonstrated this value by finish works on time and attend any events or dates on time.
Furthermore, one things he impressed me was respect. I learned this from him. As I know, my father is a people who applied traditionism in his life. However, his children which us who are pursuit vogue and popular things have different opinion with him, he would nor be against to it but is want us to know the moderation to what we following as long as it was acceptable. He also respect our choices or decisions on everything if those decisions are perceived in right manner.
On the whole, my father had inspired me in everything in life. I learned many good values from him and applied in my life. It was a good lessons ever I had in my life.

Hello Mr Torsten
Thank you so much for your email. I am zahra from Tehran, Iran. I am a pharmacy graduate and currently I am studing traditional medicine. as a collegian my english is nearly good at reading and understanding the texts only. I am realy in trouble with speaking and writing. I am going to participate in a European congress in ethnopharmacology and I really need to learn speaking more and more. (by the way I passed my first test by 9/10 correct. and I understand approximatly most of what the Introdution was about).
thank you again.
zahra

Hello Torsten,

I would like to thank you for your e-mail. My name is Lilia and I am from Algeria living in the UK. I am studying English to improve my speaking and grammar to facilitate my everyday speaking. Actually, I am doing an interpreting course from English to Arabic, French and vice versa. I am very glad to learn English with you and your team. I have started doing some exercises and the scores were not bad, but I need more practice. So thanks again Torsten.
Lilia

Hi Torsten,
I’m new in this forum, I Just join this web site a few minutes ago. I’m studying to take the Toefl test soon, I would like to know if you can tell me what is the best way to study or what do you recomend to have success in the test.

Please help me how to use this site to learn English I am a beginner in English language.

Thank Torsten

Hello Laura! I have a long waiting on someone like you. Now I’m writing with computer’s help. I hope you will start with a Skype and it coulb be beginning of my serious study of English . ( I’m beginner.)
zerade

Dear Torsten!
My name is Shahlo and I am from small town Khorog which sitated in Tajikistan. I have joined to the English test recently and found here many useful things. For many month I study English my grammar is good but I can’t use my grammar in my practice.
Thank you very much.

[b]
Dear Mr Torsten,

My name is Shanty from Indonesia. I had tried the test yesterday, guess it. I had bad score as i told you in a email.
Here, i want to say thank you so much because you help me to get my password n username that i had forgotten. Thank you so much my personal coach.
Now, i will learn english and get a good score.
please help me Mr Torsten.
ps:And for everyone if you want to improve your english too, please send me email in my account tealovesgreen@gmail.com
I will reply your email, we can learn about english together.

Your student,

Shanty[/b]

Hi Torsten, thank so much for information.
I had 9 score in the first test.
Now I will continue with the other test.

Regards
Melissa Nuvoloni

Dear Mr Torsten
Thank you again for the second lesson. I recieved your email and followed the lesson and the test. I’m very glad to learn more about English.
Thanks alot and be happy
zahra

Dear Mr. Torsten Daerr,

Subject: I will have to postpone my English lessons online this coming weekend.

I will have to postpone my English lessons online this coming weekend to next week. My reason is the boss of the Internet shop where I practice my English lessons online is visiting his elderly mother in his hometown. He is taking the opportunity to strengthen his mother-son relationship. Thus, when he is temporarily away, I will not be doing my English lessons online.

However, I will practice my English lessons offline during this weekend–April 28, 2012 and April 29, 2012. I will practice by myself. The learning materials I am going to use are daily newspapers, old and new, as well as my grammar textbooks. As might be expected, I will still need to refer to my dictionary when I face the problems of difficult words. Unfortunately, I do not have any facilities to practice my listening exercises offline. At any rate, I will resume my listening exercises online next week.

Before ending this letter, I would like to thank you for your guidance and support. Last but not least, I would also like to thank Mr. Alan, our moderators and other members of English-test.net for providing their useful advice and assistance. Of course, I am looking forward to continuing my English lessons again next week.

Best wishes,
Bhikkhu1991a.

Hello my name is Billy I am from France I am new on here and I want to improve my English writing. I hope it will help me.

i m really thankful that all of the people in here have the mentalily to help otherone with incresing their knowledge.
actually i m new here so i need very strong knowledge about all of this.
so you should help me for knowing this forum…

Hie everyone,found this site today after receiving my TOEFL ibt results yesterday.Glad i found it,was really dissappointed cause i got 20 for my listening and they want 22.Got R-25 S-26 W-24.Need to resit again because the minimum required for the listening section is 22.Any suggestions,will be really gratefull.Thank you all.

Hello, Torsten
My name is Chetan. I am from India. I recently joined ‘English test’ community, my problem is that i can speak english, i can understand english but main problem is that I m very poor in writting, its very difficult for me to make correct sentence. Could you please help me to improve my writting skill and also how to make effective sentence. I am looking forward to your reply
thank you

chetan

Hi Chetan,

You can make an immediate improvement by capitalising the pronoun ‘I’ every time you write it (regardless of its position in a sentence).
Also note the correct form of the contraction I’m meaning ‘I am’ and the spelling of ‘writing’.

hellow,torsten!my name is rukhsana.i am from pakistan . i joined this form 2days ago. i want to improve my speeking power ,pronunciation and spelling mistake so plz help me .i like this side alot and i compelet one exercises.

hellow,torsten!my name is rukhsana.i am from pakistan . i joined this form 2days ago. i want to improve my speeking power ,pronunciation and spelling mistake so plz help me .i like this side alot and i compelet one exercises.

Hi Alan,

I would like to see how was my explanation regarding: who and whom.

I wrote:

Who is that girl
Do you remember who was the winner?
Who do you like best of all

To whom it may concern
Do you know with whom Mary went out yesterday?
To whom are you referring to

Both are regular pronounce

Reards,

Rosario L.