How successful the candidate will be is determined in the end by the team ..... of the group s/he becomes a part of

How successful the candidate will be is determined in the end by the team ..... of the group s/he becomes a part of. (*) biology (*) chemistry (*) physics (*) sociology

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://english.best/questions/6901,how-successful-the-candidate-will-be-is-determined-in-the-end-by-the-team-___-of-the-group-she-becomes-a-part-of/
2 Likes

Sorry, I didn’t understand because the correct answer is “chemistry”. Please, could someone put a light on my doubt? Thanks.

3 Likes

The answer is ‘team chemistry’ which is completely different from just ‘chemistry’. The term ‘team chemistry’ is an idiom that describes how well the members of a team get along with each other.

Please let me know if this makes sense.

2 Likes

How successful the candidate will be is determined in the end by the team sociology of the group s/he becomes a part of.

1 Like

I believe the word “team” leads to the idiom “team chemistry”.

Without “team”, my first choice would still be “chemistry of the group” where chemistry still means interactions, not the specific scientific meaning. “Sociology of the group” would work, but would carry a more scientific meaning since it is the study of people’s interactions. “Physics” of the group might also work in the same way as “chemistry”, but perhaps only used by physicists.

2 Likes

Team chemistry of the group seems redundant to me. Team and group are referring to the same thing.

Chemistry is chemistry. The word team just refers to which people it is referring to.

2 Likes