How moderators for the forums are chosen

Englishuser, as I could see at your recent reply at Tamara?s introduction, you?ve got nothing at all.

Michael

Hi Fan of Arabian horses,

What do you mean when you say that “I’ve got nothing at all”? I thought you just found it unfair that I became a moderator after asking how moderators are chosen. Have I misinterpreted you?

Yes Englishuser, you missinterpreted me. First of all, sorry for correcting you (please have a look at YOU). Okay, but that isn?t the matter.

Also, please, let me know if you?re interested in my thoughts and in my suggestions for you. I think everyone here can also join to the following discussion and we can have a face to face argumentation, if you want that. Okay?

Michael

First of all, you’re correct. My apologies for the mistake. I have corrected it in my message.

You wrote:

It’s all really up to you. But to be perfectly honest with you, I think that there has been enough ado about me in the forums already as it is. Like I said, what we should focussing on here in the forums is not on me, but on learning English. And this applies to all of us, of course. However, should you wish to comment on anything I’ve written in the forums you’re free to do so. You’ll have an excellent opportunity to do so in here.

Hi Torsten, what is it all about? Englishuser complained about a talk behind a curtain. Here I gave him/her the chance to discuss with me and he/she avoids to talk to me. Is that the way of a moderator? Until now I?ve experienced something different.

Whatever happens to me here, I?m disappointed.

Michael

I’m very sorry for sounding impolite. I’m afraid you might have got me wrong. I wasn’t that serious in my post about you talking about me behind my back. Or, I didn’t mean to sound deadly serious in the post. I hope that you’ll feel welcome and enjoy your time on our website. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you. If you want to tell me what you think of me as a moderator, you are free to do so. I just think that we’ve been spending much too much time here talking about me when we could be discussing more interesting and more important topics instead.

All the best.

Hi [color=red]Englishuser
I think the all moderators chose you to be moderator such Torsten Said:

and you don’t need say sorry to any one if he didn’t understand you (I’m afraid you might have got me wrong)
by the way I and Selooo and Tamara and Pamala and all moderators, they are trust with you, maybe just one member not want to you be moderator .
someone likes to be under spot light (he guess himself like stars) but i don’t think this engraver will him make star. :twisted:
serious I’ll never talk in this engraver now and after now.
[color=red]Englishuser
could you help me to improve my language and skills,please?
and I am very happy because you read poems Nizar (Herc and Mba).
All the best

Hello Englishuser,

As you remember it was you who wanted to run the 30/30/30 project. Could you please give me progress report that shows how exactly you have organized the program?

Regards,
Torsten[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEFL listening lectures: What does the professor imply about Leonardo da Vinci?[YSaerTTEW443543]

Hi Torsten,

I’m most aware of the fact that I’m the one in charge for the 30/30 Challenge. We had first agreed upon me posting a summary about my listening experiences every single day; however, it turned out that other moderators found a dual role like this confusing, and I therefore decided against continuing to post my own summaries. I also think that one summary from a moderator is a satisfactory guideline for our users.

When it comes to the challenge itself, it seems like we have two active participants: lissy and Dark magician. Last time we discussed amending learner reports we agreed upon Amy amending lissy’s reports and me amending Katrin’s reports. Overall, I think that some people have lost their interest in this project. It does no longer feel like it’s the great project it was supposed to be; as the leader of the project, I’m partly responsible for this, but on the other hand, there is very little in terms of advertisement that I can do so as to ensure that everyone continues to take part in the challenge. I’ve asked some users that’ve sent me PM’s to take the challenge up, or to continue it, but this is all I can do.

Below you can read about how I’ve organised the project. First off, learners have some posts written by you on the challenge (these were submitted before I was appointed project leader), and a summary posted by me about my listening experiences so that our users have a model to follow. After that, it’s up to our users to sign up by sending an initial report, which is to be amended by a forum moderator. It would also be nice to start some discussions on the topics that our users bring up in their summaries: unfortunately I’ve been unable to do so for the past few days owing to travelling and jet lag. Please let me know if you think there’s anything further in terms of organisation that should be done. I’d be particularly pleased about any suggestions you might have on how I could advertise the challenge better: I somehow just think it’s a silly idea to post a new message asking people to sign up.

Best regards.

Hi Englishuser,

You have probably read the information about 30/30/30 as a new learning system and I know this will work. It doesn’t matter how many people are doing the activities now, what counts is the fact that the sytem works. If it works for one person, it will work for thousands of people. As I said in the post mentioned above, the challenge now is to build a stable system based on the current project. The underlying principles are simple but powerful:

Once a person realizes how to integrate English into their daily communications, they will make the right decisions and take the necessary steps. The purpose of the system we are building is to get as many people to the point zero at which they start doing the right things. In other words, we have to create a system that enables people to change their daily habits. Below you will find a list of keywords that describe the system we are going to create and what you can do is try and structure those keywords. Add your own ideas, write up an agenda or a summary containing the elements of the system. This is a process, it is our job to show our users how they can improve their situation:

• english language environment
  • learning over teaching
  • authentic materials vs. artificial text books
  • success raises confidence, confidence triggers action which in turn produces positive results and the cycle continues
  • connection to the real world vs. seclution and isolation
  • reasons why you should do it and alternatives (what happens if you don't follow the instructions)
  • ability to change habits (definition of learning)
  • using these skills in other areas of your life too
  • connecting with other learners (exchange experience, cultivate community feeling)
  • features: audio resource review, essay correction, interactive grammar and vocabulary tests
  • input over output
  • logic: if I don't understand everything I have to listen [b]more[/b] not less
  • technical features: rank system, bonuses and awards (challenger of the month, challenge professional, challenge master etc.), individual space (blog with various features as well as group rooms), interactive progress report, progress certificate
  • audio book library
  • resource pool and material sharing
  • discussions based on the listening activities
  • compiling profiles (psychological profiling) based on the user's forum activities

In addition to reviewing the keywords above you can also collect information about successful online learning systems such as EnglishTown, NetLanguages and CleverLearn. Why and how do they work? How do those system get people to do certain activities? How can our users accomplish the same but in a shorter period of time?

Let me know what you think,
    Torsten[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEFL listening lectures: What is the professor’s opinion of Ragwort?[YSaerTTEW443543]