How many accounts do you have?

Before I went online for the first time in December of 1995 my life had been pretty simple since I had only a few accounts. I had a bank account, a health insurance policy which was pretty much an account too, an ADAC account (the ADAC is the German equivalent to triple A) and just a few more. Most of those accounts where not digital ones, which means I couldn’t access them online. Things have changed dramatically since 1995, I now have probably more than 100 online accounts. Here are just a few of them. I have a Gmail account which is connected to Google for Business account so I can manage a dozen or so sub accounts through it such as a Google Cloud account, a Google Photos account, a couple of Android accounts and probably a dozen or so other accounts - - you get the idea. Then I have an account at about 15 or so forums I contribute to on a regular basis. One my favorite forums is an electric unicycle community which has tens of thousands of members from at least 100 countries all of whom either actively ride an electric unicycle or are familiar with this type of vehicle and are considering buying one. Then of course there is Facebook which one the one hand I dislike for various reasons but one the other hand frequently use to get a quick overview of what is going on in the world. Then I have accounts to a number of podcast apps such as Spotify and VOA. To be honest, I don’t know how many accounts I have created in total ever since I went online for the first time but I’m sure it has been more than a thousand.
So what about you? Do you know how many accounts you have and how are you using them?

1 Like

It’s uncountable))
I think you forgot to list your online shop accounts).

1 Like

Online shop accounts, plural :-)? I only have one account which I use for online purchases and that’s Amazon. How about you :-)?

1 Like

A lot of :see_no_evil:
Clothes, shoes, cosmetics etc… British, German, Russian, American sites))

1 Like

I have over a dozen accounts (sub accounts not known) such as this forum account, three Facebook accounts, three blog accounts, two gmail accounts, one LinkedIn account and one Amazon account that come to my mind right now.
(By the way, are you collecting any statistics from the forum members?)

2 Likes

Hi Lawrence, we’re using Google Analytics to see how the search engines are indexing our site and the forum. Other than that, any stats are not very useful because what really counts are the thoughts, ideas, questions, comments and contributions from our community - - our forum members. Please let me know if this answers your question.

1 Like

YES, it does, Torsten.

2 Likes