How is my generation is different from my parents generation?

Every generation of people is different in many important ways and every generation has its differential features. Time passes and generations replace each other. My generation, people in their early twenties, different from older generation in many ways. Let us talk about some of the character features of my generation.

First, I think that the generation of my parents is more traditional than the generation of young people of my age. It was very common to take care of parents and help them, but now all of us are very busy and sometimes we even do not have time to phone our parents and have a talk with them. We have already forgotten that we ought to visit our parents as often as we can and take care of them in their old ages. We do not know what family events mean and even never spend such holidays as Christmas and Easter together, whereas older generation used to.

Second, nowadays, people become more and more indifferent to each other, they pay less attention to other people. We say that we live in a century of scientific and technological progress but we so unfriendly and aggressive with others. It seems that we prefer watching television and playing computer games to communication with our friends and relatives. I believe that such things make people cruel and violent.

On the other hand, we have much more opportunities to get a good education and become famous and successful. Our lives become easier and we have all modern conveniences at our flats and houses. We are able to earn much money and improve our lives, buy everything we like and want to.

All in all, but I thing that we should stop and think for a whole. There are a lot of good and pleasant moments in our lives about which we have already forgotten. If we stay kind-hearted, careful and friendly as our parents do, I believe we will become happier

TOEFL listening lectures: A lecture from a social sciences class

Every generation of people is different in many important ways and every generation has its differential features. Time passes and generations replace each other. My generation, people in their early twenties, different from THE older generation in many ways. Let us talk about some of the character features of my generation.

First, I think that the generation of my parents is more traditional than the generation of young people of my age. It was very common to take care of parents and help them, but now all of us are very busy and sometimes we do not HAVE time to phone our parents and have a talk with them. We have already forgotten that we ought to visit our parents as often as we can, and TO take care of them in their old ages. We do not know what family events mean, and never even spend such holidays as Christmas and Easter together, whereas THE older generation used to.

Second, nowadays, people HAVE become more and more indifferent to each other, they pay less attention to other people. We say that we live in a century of scientific and technological progress but we ARE so unfriendly and aggressive with others. It seems that we prefer watching television and playing computer games to communicatING with our friends and relatives. I believe that such things make people cruel and violent.

On the other hand, we have MANY more opportunities to get a good education and become famous and successful. Our lives become easier and we have all modern conveniences at our flats and houses. We are able to earn A LOT OF money and improve our lives, buy everything we like and want to.

All in all, I thinK that we should stop and think for a MOMENT. There are a lot of good and pleasant moments in our lives about which we have already forgotten. If we stay kind-hearted, careful and friendly as our parents do, I believe we will become happier.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
A simple, well written essay Lubov. Like I always say:
Keep it simple. Keep it interesting… No frills, no mistakes.

Kitos. 9/10

Hi Kitos,

Its my first trial to write an essay. Please do give me your feedback on this so that I can improve on the writing section. All the comments are appreciated.

Generation changes from time to time and so as the thoughts, perspectives, living style and much more. If we analyse our lifes, then we will see how we are diffenet from our parents in terms of lot of things. And this difference is nothing but a difference in generation which will continue from one generation to another. Below are few points that I have given to certain difference.

First of all, the most important difference is the Education which leads to job, money, living stlye and reputation. In my generation, we have all the facilities and opportunities to get education and learn more and more. There are so many schools, colleges and universities that help us to achieve our educational goals. And which ultimately lead us to have a brightening and successful future.

Secondly, the difference in the generation is in terms of technology. Today, there is revolution in technology in every field. Be it computers, other electronic gadgets, science or any other field.
Also, these days our lives have become more dependent on machines and we all have become lethargic as compared to our parents who used to do most of their regular tasks themselves and stay active.

Moreover, one major differene is in the mindsets which varies from generation to generation. Our thinkings changes from time to time and a genaration gap always exists. I remember, me and mother having arguments for a lomg time on certain topics beacuse of different opinions. And,finally, both of us ending up the discussion by saying ‘You won’t undertsnad. Its just the generation gap’.

To sum up, by stating the above statements, I can say that our generation is very much different from our parents generation. And, I think, this difference will continue in the coming generations as well.

Thanks so much, dear Kitos!
I am very happy that you like my creation! :slight_smile: