How good is your English?

Learning new things is endless, it is better not to judge yourself but let the other to decide what is your level. let the others tell you what is your level after some tests.

Good evening Torsten,

I agree with you about what an advanced English learner is. As for an English learner, he/she should have a good commond of the basic English knowledge no matter how many he/she has learned. If there are some basic errors in his/her writing or speaking, he/she is not an advanced English learner.

regards,
Sanya

Hello Torsten,
If you feel it is better for me to improve my english language. Ok you will send advanced category. But I think still I am not improve in elementary level.

Hi Torsten,
How are you? Thank you for your feedback.I was taking English class at high school.When you ask me about advanced category.I understand that conversation with other people.But i can’t follow news.I know what they talking about of the part.My grammear are vrey poor.I have to study hard if i want improve my English.
Best regards
nina

hi!

I’m new here. how can I become active in this forum? I really want to improve my English. :slight_smile:

thanks!

Lianne

My english level? I can say that i’m on a bit top of an average. I read novels to practice my english and to add more vocabularies on my brain.:slight_smile: i joined forums to interact with others, so they can help me improve my grammar.

Hi Torsten
I have just seen English lesson. You asked which level am I? The fact that I’m a ‘beginner’. All question I asked you are my homework which my teacher test my level
Regard
KimLien

hello
i am toefl student now i have finished toefl

hello toretson i have finished toefl so i need practice can u help me my mail adress is love_asy

hi i am love my name is love i have finished toefl i need practice can u add me to practice eachother mail:love_asy

hiiiiiiiiiiii

i am love my name is love i have finished toefl so i need practice can u practice with me if u can plz add me mail:love_asy

thanks

In my opinion, it is difficult to have advanced level. this requires we must study and have an good environment. And the most important, you have dynamic to improve it, you must like it

i feel that my level of english is not that proficient…surely i try to polish my grammar and vocubulary everyday.In my opinion,engish is very important in our lives.it is used to be a communication tool for us to interact with others as well as to disemminate our ideas…of course,we cn learn ehnglish well through verbal and writing,

Hi

I would like to answer that question but I realize it is quite difficult for a foreigner or even native english . It depend who person you talking with …but always we can improve.

kind regards

Hi Torsten,

I though my English was pretty good, but when I draft emails, complex (business) or simple, I tend to have doubts in certain verbs, grammers and I end up asking for help. I speak fluently but sometimes I search for the right words that I am sure I know but it just would not come to my tongue at the right time. Could you please advice how I can overcome this problem in English?

(could you please point out mistakes on the above please?)

Thank you,

I thought my English was pretty good, but when I draft emails, whether they are complex (business) or simple, I tend to have doubts about certain verbs and grammar and I end up asking for help. I speak fluently but sometimes I search for the right words that I am sure I know but it just would not come to my tongue at the right time. Could you please advise me how I can overcome this problem in English?

You just need to keep working at it, Sunona. Even native English speakers sometimes face that problem, so you have no reason to feel worried. Keep trying and you’ll get there.

Dear Torsten! There are many ways for testing English levels. For example, examenglish.com. Each person can choose additional trainings. I do not agree with your definition of “advanced learner” in part of ability of “how to use an Internet forum”. Sometimes it may be connected with computor ignorance.

Dear Torsten,

I would like you to be the one who will tell me how good is my English. I think that I get along in conversation, writing emails or letters even better, since I have worked as a secretary most of my life. However, do to my absence for quite a few years from the States, my English did slowed down, but now when ever I can find the time and day to be on line and do as much as I can.
I have received a few emails from the test network (if I’m not wrong) asking me to take a Sunday afternoon class. That is not possible because I’m with my family after I go to church, so I have reply to them explaining why I can’t be in that class that I’m sure it’s good, but I keep getting more emails.
I hope you understand my situation. I want my English to get better, and get to the top, but It’s all about time. There are too many personal issues that I have to take care off.

I look forward to hearing from you,

Rosario

Dear Alan,

I’m waiting to hear from you. I’m eager to know how good it’s my English.

Now I’m in Lesson 28 about Conditional Sentences. I really like it. It seem a little tricky to get the right answer, but I took a few test, and I think that I got better in my last one. I used to be a pro. years ago, but now I just talk with no problem, and frankly people do no used conditionals too often. I don’t hear it in a conversation, or maybe I do and I don’t realise it. Anyway, the test are getting harder and harder to get 10 points the first time. I always have to repeat twice, but it’s fine with me.
Thanks for keep sending me more tests.

Rosario L.

Hello Torsten,
I want to answer this question so that I can also see where I stand in this crowd. I will state myself as a beginner in English. I can speak and write in English. But I have problem with speaking in correct accent and writing with rich vocabulary. I also lack knowledge of formal writing. So please send some exercises with vocabulary problems and some pronunciation lessons.
With Regards,
Santak.

Hi there,
I’m glad to get your e-mail after long time!
But about my level in english… umm … It’s not difficult to answer. I am weak in english because I can’t understand news, movies or songs unless I read the text of it. So, I am here and interested to learn and learn!
Regards,
Kian