How fast can you type?

I think that the reason why people choose speaking than writing is lazy! That’s why I’m here because I need practice in writing. My teacher use to say … practice, practice and more practice. :slight_smile:
See ya!

MrTolek

1 Like

although I never take any course in typing, I am able to write at least 60 W pm. I rally consider that quite good as for me.
I bought CDs for typing learning two years ago but I did not use them to tight time!

Hi there
I am beginner in english language, I think that it is a little bit confusing to use “type” for how fast you are able to write a text. I feel that a proper meaning for “type” is whether you are able to create a proper sentence, writing fast this is a plus but not definitory for the word “type”.
Do you think I am wrong?

Hello everybody,

While reading some of your emails I am so happy to know that some of you can type very fast. I am studying English now and I really want to know how can I learn typing fast, because I only use 2 fingers to type and that takes me a long time to finish something. Please help me. Many thanks to you.

Sam

1 Like

Dears , sometimes writing is so hard, sometimes i have many thing in my mind but nothing to say!!
it’s not good, i have to practice more, much more than usual.

My speed is 62 wpm. Tested by ratatype.com/typing-test/

Can you advise some typing cources?

Donate these CDs to local school.

I learned how to type using different typing programs like Mavis Beacon, and a lot of other old programs.

Dear Torsten,
First of all, thanks for this awesome site and forum. I was browsing and got absolutely fascinated by the quantity of material, mainly the quality…and couldn’t decide where to start! WAY TO GO!!! This is a fantastic job, I’m amazed by your generosity, usually teachers do this expecting for money. I belong to the team of those that want to help without asking anything in return.

I got your newsletters and they are very useful, I’m using them to brush off my English (I’m Brazilian living in Israel) and maybe using some of the materials with my students. I am a tutor at home, after teaching for many years I’ve decided to teach the language in a different way, with a different population (I teach elementary school kids, junior high, high school, I also prepare students for the Bagrut examination and among my pupils there are some adults, too).

Well, probably you will explain to me that this is the wrong thread, but I’ve found this subject and as a coincidence, one of my learners has a writing disability, and is allowed to use a laptop. I suggested a site to him to have blind typing practiced, and when I read that there are many people that need it too, I thought it would be useful to publish the address here.

The site works better with Internet Explorer, because it is based upon Java, and Chrome doesn’t react to the exercises done.

Here is the address:

miler.technion.ac.il/blindtype/IeKeybord.html

I hope it is useful.

And again, thank you for your magnific work. I will be participating in this forum and following your lessons in my email. The tests are very useful, they are a great chance to clean the regular mistakes.

Good luck to you, and much pleased to have found this place I wish everyone a great weekend.

Sarahy

1 Like

I read your comet
It was very helpful
thank you

I find this really wonderful!

1 Like

It’s interesting to analyze what has changed since we started this thread way back in 2006 – 12 years ago. Nowadays more and more people are starting to use voice control to look up information on the internet and have Google read Wikipedia articles to them for example. Voice recognition and voice control have come a long way since 2006 and I’m sure that in the future speech-to-text and text-to-speech will play a very important role.

1 Like

I can type at the speed of 97 wpm sometimes more or less. My father is the teacher of typing classes. He teach me the correct typing methods. Yes, all that good typing practices like siting posture, proper finger placements and touch typing. But the great advantages was that I use to practice this techniques daily using online typing tests tools. You have to practice daily to increase speed. Don’t take breaks.

1 Like

By far the best resource for learning to type online is TypingClub.com. Their app isn’t bad, but it can’t match TypingClub’s capabilities. Another good website for learning to touch type is Keybr.com.

3 Likes

It’s not only a problem for some people to type, but it’s a BIG problem for many people to type in a different language. Part of typing well is for you to have certain letter sequences in “muscle memory”, so that they are automatic. Changing from language to language means that you have to deal with completely different letter sequences, and that slows you down. There are foreign languages I can write very fluently by hand, but that I am VERY slow at typing, so I avoid doing it.

2 Likes

Yeah I tried those tool. I practice suing all tool. I change this typing test frequently due to some tool are being updating and doesn’t deliver accurate results. Now a days I am using this [online typing test] tool to practice.

You practice “suing all tool”? Sounds scary :joy: