How fast can you type?

Hallo to everyone!
I’ve read a lot of comments about the typing in this theme and now I have a question: Do the typing skill take a big role for employers in your country?
As for me, I’m typing fast only in my native language-in Russian, but in English and Latvian much slowly, because I’m thinking about translation, it’s hard to me to explain my minds in other languages.

Hi everyone, I am new for this forum and i have just started to learn English and my writing practice is also slow. So, i am specting some suggestion from all of you to improve my writing practice and imroving my english

Send me criteries that i can follow inorder to type quickly. Thank u.

hi everyone
I lately use a chat with my friends so I got a little practice. I a lot understand, but I forgot to write,so if I write something serious my typing is very slow. I have to think about how to write text, to correct mistakes … it takes a long time. This forum is something most interesting which I saw. I’m sure that my English will be now much better.
thank you

Sonja

I really hate to type when there is nothing to say.
Perhaps I am typing so that i can analyse myself how much mistakes i ll make, oh my goshhhh my now i am really blank and right now I am just thinking that i am doing such stupid things, well i am gonna let you know it’s very easy to answer, i believe that mistakes indicates that you are trying as i am doing,

Three common errors:
You should not write ‘wanna’. You should write ‘want to’.
The pronoun ‘I’ is always written as a capital letter, regardless of where it comes in the sentence/
You are using commas instead of fulls tops, which creates overlong sentences.

I didn’t know how fast was my typewriting. Today I did the test. It was 17 wpm. The problem is that it is a little bit difficult to me because of the language. I practiced years ago writing in spanish and in a manual old remington typewriter. I think the computer keyboard is more sensible but it is funny to practice again and now in english.
Thanks a lot for your advices!!!

Hello every body
after reading some comment here …I like to tell about myself here …I don’t have good speed of typing in english my speed is 21 now
according to this site:
speedtest.10fastfingers.com/
but in my native language my speed is very better …
and to answer to the question of my friend victoria14
Do the typing skill take a big role for employers in your country?

i can say yeah it’s take a big role for employee in iran…however it depends on work…certainly some in some work there isn’t any need to typing skill and etc
right i found nice point here some of my friend here tell they have learned typing in university or high school …
that’s very good and interesting

that’s all
best regards
setareh

first time typing in computer, i need em… maybe 1 min to type 2 word hahaha. look at keyboard, looking for letter of A or C or P or Z, press one tuts using one finger, looking for next letter, and so on.
At university, i take majority in IT, so i must can type with faster. i can’t finish all my tasks if typing with old way. Now i can type faster, very faster then first time of course. i still looking at keyboard when typing something, but i can type without looking at keyboard too if i want… but looking at keyboard when typing is my habit. hard to change it.
truly i prefer type then speak in english. i’m not confidence speak in english… i have much time to thinking when type, but i can’t do that with speak. i’m not good in tenses, sometime i make other people confuse because i write wrong verb. Cause that i have big desire to learn english until i can be fluent on it.

Hello, Sir Torsten and Mrs Sue Darville.

I really enjoying your course so far so good everything it’s getting the momentum, in my own opinion but overall as I can read some of the colleagues comment through this forum. They need a help from you our coaches to motivate or encourage us in manner that, this is my opinion I wanted to make as a proposal Is it possible before sending a new chapter you may correct the previous one?
In order to know our wicked area say for example I’am typing this letter right it maybe happens grammar, or spellings problems how may I will be able to correct those mistakes if there is no correction than keep ongoing on and on. May you try to see or to analyse this situation for us, I’am taking this typing letter as an essay to see how many words am I able to type for in a period of time nevertheless I’am trying to demonstrate what am I capable on it.

Kind regards,

Robert Fimbo.

I’m trying my best in typing. There was nothing like being taught how to type in my undergraduate days nor @ anytime. I’m only trying to help myself with the scattered keypads on my phone. And it’s been helping. I would also love to increase my typing speed cause typing on phone can’t be compared to using the computer.

Please, i want explanation on “Will” and “Shall”. Thanks.

Why do some people always make the mistake of using present tense in place of past tense and vice versa?

Ref. “shall” and “will”. What does it connotes when used in sentences? E.g

1. I will be there
  2. I shall be there.

hello, I’m not typing quickly on my computer , but I am fast on mobile what shoud I do ? and I don’t like typing because it take long time

Andreana I think the sole reason for not writing in the forums is because we people have been told this sentence “Oh Please! You suck at English” or “You think you can be a good writer ?? Keep dreaming” so much that now we don’t feel confident enough to use English. I am saying this because I have head things like that and I was also one of the dumb members who would read everything there was to “How to improve your English skills” but never had a nerve to practice that stuff. Thanks to this forum, I now have the courage to write whatever I feel because I know even if I go wrong somewhere people will correct me not criticize me :slight_smile:
I learnt typing at an early age because we had a computer in our home when I was very young. My dad told me to practice typing because he thought that typing would be the next big skill in future and he was right :slight_smile:

Hi Caddy, who exactly has told you that your English is bad and that you never will be a writer?[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, talks: Radio presenter announces latest news including the President’s visit[YSaerTTEW443543]

“Shall” points to a possibility or to a request while “will” points to confirmation. Just look at the sentence : I shall be there. It’s like you’re politely telling somebody that don’t worry, I’ll be there
but the second this: I will be there … It’s when you’re telling somebody that no matter what happens you’ll be there.

Grammatically, you use “shall” with “I/We” and “will” with the remaining pronouns. And if you do use “will” with “I/We” it’s when you want to emphasis on something.
I hope this helps you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good evening Andreana,

I personally feel good to share about my typing Speed. I have taken typing courses in two institutes and learned. Actually i was looking job so that i learned typing and i started my career in Data entry field. so i can type around 45 to 50 WPM. My worry is only to speak english

I only put my hands in the computer when I am 18 years old. I don’t have computer until I come to Ho Chi Minh City to go to university. It’s my sister computer. The first day when husband of my another sister pick up me then driver me to sister’s accommodation, he asked me to practice typing by a software in computer. Now I can type by 10 fingers well and fact.
I seldom answer on forum because of my bad English skill. I fell difficult to make sentences, I’m afraid I make some mistakes.
But now I think, it is not a problem. Let write and correct them!
If there are any mistake in my answer, please tell me to correct them!^^
Thank!

1 Like