How fast can you type?

Hi, I am very happy to read the experience of everyone. According to my experience, if you want to type fast, you should to type something you are interested in. At beginning, maybe you have to watch the keyboard when you typing. But after a lot of pratices, your type fast without watching keyoard.

Hi How fast can I write? Around 16-18 words per minute. I know that so exact because there is a weary interesting site (play.typeracer.com/)were you can find that out. A half a year a go one of my friends give it to me a computer program, witch learned mi to type without to watch the keyboard. Iā€™m not an expert in typing, need a lot of patient and exercise.
Thatā€™s all for now byyyyyyyyyy Attila

I have my own typing method. When I was at school, I took a course to learn how to type in a fast way without seeing the letters on the keyboard, I had lessons for a year, but we didnā€™t practice with a computer, actually, we had those old big typewriters. The year after that, I was transferred to another school where we tried to improve our typing by playing a Pc game. None of those methods helped me, now I just can type with some of my fingers, not just two of them, but also not all of them. And I always have to alternate my eyes between the keyboard and the screen so I know Iā€™m not miswriting.
Thatā€™s my very short experience as a typist.

Regards.
Nadia

I think is very good to be fast typist, iā€™m slow in typing but if i can get where to improve it, i will do it because is good for so many thing reasons.

I am from Haiti,i would like to speak English better,so i need your help ,i think that i am an intermediate students ,your advice will be awesome to me .

Hi torsen,
thank you so much for sending the online english courses.It is very useful for me
Thanks,
Blessy

hey everybody, I never took any typing class. I have my own PC, so I started using my keyboard when I got my PC in seventh standard.I use to play games on it day and night. I rarely use to type till I completed my school days. I joined social websites in when I started my collage life, now Iā€™m ina student of Ist year IT of my graduation and I love to sit beyond my PC and I love my PC. I came though a typing software, it was really good but i didnā€™t worked much on it(sorry i donā€™t remember its name). My typing speed is good(i donā€™t know the figures exactly), but also do lots of mistakes. I have the same story as what stanciu said (in his words )in lines-

and i agree with himā€¦and I think why I never wrote anything are firstly because Iā€™m little bit of to reveal my thought in publicā€¦ and second reason is Iā€™m not good in engish so i generally avoid typing in public forum. This is the first time Iā€™m sharing my views in public placeā€¦ :-)ā€¦
[color=brown]Thank you torsen for creating sach a nice platform for us and also for creating this issue on typingā€¦thank you very much.

Me? hunt and peck! :O)

well,i am actually looking for someone to suggest me how to go about to start my typing lessons. i wish i could type fast, bcoz i am struggling to type fast , even though i can type fast
thanks to all

hi, friends good evening all of you. I am nagaraju . I am from India . I havenā€™t learn typing yet.I can try to improve my typing skills.
so many learners not interested in tying because of lack of time.

Hi everybody, Iā€™m a newcomer, and this is the first time I post in a forum. My typing is very bad, especially when I type English, I have to see the keyboard, I type very slow, can you give me some tips to type more fast? thanks a lot

Chatting activity helps me so much to type well and fast. I can type in English, 120 wpm, but more than that in my mother tongue. Itā€™s good or not, need to be compared to another ones.

Hi Allā€¦, I get used typing words fast since I had my Computer ; so at the begining it was difficult to type without look at the keyboard; but with the time; itā€™s very easyā€¦and fast and itā€™s amazing thing when you are fast at typing words.

hello friendsā€¦
This is amit from india, a vry colourful country. I am working in a BPO, based in New Delhi. My typing speed is about 40 wpm. but i am not vry good in speaking englishā€¦ I join this ESL becouse i want to improving my speaking skills. I can read fluently but can speak fluently. My mother tounge is hindiā€¦ and english is my second languageā€¦ As I am working in a BPO so it needs good communication as well as listening skills. If I would able to improve my speaking english then it become very easy to servive in this industryā€¦ This is the first time i am writing something hereā€¦ could i expect some repliesā€¦ Thank You.

In my case I feel most better talking in English than writing it and maybe because I make lees mistakes doing it.

helloā€¦
im newcomer in this forum. Im Redita from Indonesia. I dont know how much time i was typing. but, if Iā€™ve typed, Im still doubt about my write. it is correct or no, I cant check it surely. during I was studying, i just write as well as I can. i Think, its very needed someone to check my write as directly. chat maybe can help. this my email: red_jeannete@yahoo.com

can we share you learning english please ?

Welcome to the forums. When you have a specific question about English, please post it. Weā€™ll be happy to try to help. Meanwhile take a look at the lessons and exercises for general advice.

Well, i think my typing skills is good, i can type 25 to 30wmp. i learn to type in these speed in online typing lesson. My problem for me for now is english grammar, and i work for that in online also.hehe. ā€¦did get wrong my sentece please correct if i did. I am very happy for the correction.

Iā€™m a beginner.I need much the help.Can y help me,please?
I want to improve the my writting skill.