How fast can you type?

I dunno how fast i can type but it slows me down when i have to type in English (I’m Thai and I can type very fast in thai )
A reason that i can’t type English in speed, it’s not about i forgot where each letter is but it’s about i need to take lomg time to create English sentences and review what I typed whether they all are correct in both grammar and vocabulary or not. anyway I reallized that i still made mistake then.
As far as i’m concerned, if i can be fluent in englsh, i think i can get better than this. hope in soonest

Anyway, pls correct me my mistake to keep on going
Thanks

Believe it or not but there are still people who call themselves “professional typists”, and I happened to be one of them (not that it’s what I do for a living but because of some silly classes we had in school, and a hidden talent of mine, I was certified as a professional). Due to those extra classes I took a while ago I learned how to type really quickly with all 10 of my fingers and I usually type with around 60-62 words per minute. When I was in my prime it was as many as 75 but at the time I was purely insane :)).
I have to admit that despite of how silly my classes seemed to most of my classmates they proved to be extremely helpful. Now, I’m way faster than all of them and I enjoy typing for a long time, while most of them get tired quite easily bcz they are always looking for the right buttons to hit.
~LIA~

Hello everybody, my name is Thoa.I come from Vietnam, I want to improve English listening,writing anh speaking skills to work for a foreign company. I hope everyone will give me many suggestion. Thanks so much!

Hi

I can type as fast as I can .But, I will make mistakes when I type fast, to avoid
that I wll type slowly without making mistakes to my knowledge. I will always
make mistake when I type grammar, immediately I will get fire from Torsten Sir,
who will find mistake whoever do that. I will not afraid of any one in the forum
except Sir Torsten. I am also trying to increase my typing speed as fast as
possible, only thing I should find time to do practice. We can learn anything
only through practice only. After I joined this forum only my typing speed has
increased. So I request everyone to do regular practice in typing it will increase
our typing speed, and we can share doubts and everything.

Hope you will practice typing from to-day itself and improve our speed.

Thank you

S.Shanthi

Hello,
Sir,
My typing speed is normal but I intrested more than other activity because first I write matter then carefully read !!
Means I have option of error checking but i want to write in better style letter,essay, for confidence & impression!!!
Thanks

I agree with what you say Andreana that most people likes to read but never replies because typing takes time than talking. But for me i like typing messages. Before I used not to appreciate typing because I don’t know how. But since i studied Basic Typing in College i used to enjoy typing without looking at the keyboard. And to enhance it more i always play typing lessons in my computer which really helps a lot. I hope you will try it.
Anne

well! the obove fun topic is great …
i am a new learner of english so i want to improve my english writting, speaking, reading and so on…
I have request from all those friends and the people who wants to helped other just ask from me different questions and i will give him or her the answer
my english will improve and you will be my teacher apart of my life …
thanks from all of you wish u best…

Hello,
I’m writing you to talk a little more about me. my name is Omar, I’m married and Ihave five children. The youngest has 13 years old and the oldest is 23.I’m from Ecuador and I live in the Highland (Sierra) next to the Cotopaxi Volcano there is city called Latacunga. It’s the Cotopaxi Province. typing isn’t my roblem as a teacher. My strongest problem is listening. I’m looking for help exactly in this skill.

Kisses:
Omar

hai friends,
i am new from this fourm. i am angappan from tamilnadu in india, i can type 50 words per minutes because I learned typewriting in my undergraduate studied time. thank you meet again. nice to meet you

I recently joined the ESL Forum. I’m interested in typing. The problem I have is the use of both hands and matching fingers to keys appropriately. As it is, I type with one hand which to say the least slows me down.
How may you be able to help me? Thanks.

It sounds as if you are looking for a touch typing course, Mndatsu.

I do typing fast, but sometimes typing fast make some error and i dont really like it because I should check it more carefully (slowly) than my typing do.

Hello, everyone.

I’m Raymond. I’m a new member. This is my second time to respond to messages posted on the site. Shade’s joke put a smile on my face. But your messages gave me even a bigger a grin. Well, I’m a copywriter and so I type a lot either work-related or personal stuff. I haven’t really counted the number of words I can type per minute, but guessing from my experience, I think I can produce from 28 to 33 wpm. I know that’s not impressive considering that I took up a typing class back in college. I agree that typing is one of those marketing skills that everyone (not just writers and secretaries) should learn. In today’s world, everyone needs to cope with the increasing need to communicate electronically.

I type at a rate of about 45 words per minute. My typing rate is very fast but sometimes I make typing error.

Thanks

[color=red]I can say that my typing skills are on an average level. I never had the aim to type quickly. Maybe it would be nice to know how to type quicker. Of course if I have this opportunity I’ll use it, but as for now I’m rather satisfited with the way and speed I type =)

i can type by 10 fingers, and type english so fast, even faster than my language, that is the truth i want to share to all of u. the reason made me type english faster than my language is that i chat in english everyday, and my VIetnamese friends cant look for me in any at all vietnamese chat room, rarely do i come there,i never chat with friend in my mother language, that is my habits and now i am typing english so fast. My language need typing symbol make me trouble sometimes. but in english i can type it without simbol,. that is great. I know that my vietnamese friend type Vietnamese so fast and they cant type fast in english, when i talk to them i dont want to wait by and by letter they send me, word by word they are sending and in that time i can do so many things. That is why i can chat with my english friends and chatting with vietnamese fns in same time.

Hello Jenny,

If you can type so well, perhaps you should consider using capital letters where they should be in your writing.

ok, I don’t have typing courses at University, eventhough majoring in English langgauge. I have obsticles on typing. I take me alot on typing on computer. When I was a sdudent at University, my teacher used to talk and write on paper and white board. Once I essay my teacher, I ran to internet shop, it costs me alot money and I delay sending to my teacher.
Thank you
I warmly wecome your suggestion
Vans

my typeing speed is very slow how can i improve im typing speed.

Holle dear Sir

i would like to tell you thanks a lot for your support to teach me English i need you help always
im from Afghansitan i work as a HR Assistant in AKHS,A
I want to learn english as well if you help me in the further

regards,
G A S