How does advertising influence people's behavior? (ver. 2)

It is considered that advertising is an engine for the progress. Market-based economy is impossible without it. When we watch TV, browse Internet sites or when we are on our way from home to work we are surrounded by the flashing billboards, slogans and other advertising stuff. Sometimes it can be helpful for us. For example you could be searching for something and advertising will help you to find what you need. But advertising also influences our way of life, thoughts, goals and faith.

Advertising creates for us some false plastic images of ideal way of life, family, education, career and so on. It forces us to believe that to be happy we must by this car, graduate this university, have this kind of shape. For example if we take the very famous woman, which is Angelina Jolie. She is the worldwide standard of women sexuality. Many people around the world think her the most beautiful woman. Now take look at Mona Lisa of Leonardo da Vinci. It may seem ridiculous but she was the ideal woman of her time. But by modern assessments she would be just an ordinary woman. So what the trick is? The trick is that advertising showed us Angelina Jolie and Paris Hilton and claimed that these are the most beautiful women. And we accepted these false images and our girls want to look like them.

It is proven that when a person is told some idea many times it starts not only rely on this idea but also believe that it is his own idea. This trick is often used in election campaigns. If consider some elections you will understand that you do not actually vote for the best candidate. You vote for the candidate which has the best advertising, slogans, which have more time in mass media. Advertising does not give you opportunity to understand candidates’ ability to rule. It just gives you ability to measure which candidate is more successful in advertising.

Advertising is very important mean of modern economy. And it also helps people with orientating in the bulk of goods and services. But it also has negative effects which can be avoided by intuition about what is real crucial idea and what is just commercialized image.

TOEFL listening discussions: What is the main weakness of the student’s essay?

Not a bad essay Dmitriybch, but you need to study “ARTICLES” and their use in sentences.

Kitos. 7/10

I will. Thank you so much!

Does it mean that with proper use of articles I would score 10/10?

Good morning Dmitriybch. No it doesn’t. It means that you would eliminate very simple errors in your work.
Articles, like prepositions, are an essential ingredient toward your writing an impressive essay.

Kitos.

Good morning Kitos. Could you list what does my essay lack of to get the highest score? May be my vocabulary is poor, or ideas are undeveloped, or structure is unclear, or something else.

That is a difficult question my friend, and many booky have been written on just that subject.
You shold firstly concentrate on conquering the articles problem, and then we should try to get you thinking in English.

Hello Kitos! I’ve done my best to fix the article mistakes. Does my essay look better now?

It is considered that advertising is THE engine for (NO ARTICLE) progress. Market-based economy is impossible without it. When we watch TV, browse Internet sites or when we are on our way from home to work we are surrounded by (NO ARTICLE) flashing billboards, slogans and other advertising stuff. Sometimes it can be helpful for us. For example you could be searching for something and advertising will help you to find what you need. But advertising also influences our way of life, thoughts, goals and faith.

Advertising creates for us some false plastic images of THE ideal way of life, family, education, career and so on. It forces us to believe that to be happy we must by this car, graduate this university, have this kind of shape. For example if we take A very famous person, which is Angelina Jolie. She is the worldwide standard of women sexuality. Many people around the world think her the most beautiful woman. Now take look at Mona Lisa of Leonardo da Vinci. It may seem ridiculous but she was the ideal woman of her time. But by THE modern assessments she would be just an ordinary woman. So what the trick is? The trick is that advertising showed us Angelina Jolie and Paris Hilton and claimed that these are the most beautiful women. And we accepted these false images and our girls want to look like them.

It is proven that when a person is told some idea many times it starts not only rely on this idea but also believe that it is his own idea. This trick is often used in election campaigns. If consider some elections you will understand that you do not actually vote for the best candidate. You vote for the candidate which has the best advertising and slogans. Advertising does not give you THE opportunity to understand candidates’ ability to rule. It just gives you THE ability to measure which candidate is more successful in advertising.

Advertising is A very important mean of modern economy. And it also helps people with orientating in the bulk of goods and services. But it also has negative effects which can be avoided by THE intuition about what is A really crucial thing and what is just A commercialized image.

That is a great improvement. It is so easy when you try harder, isn’t it!

Kitos. 8.5/10

Oh, I’m so happy to know this. Thank you!