How did Arabians invented numbers?

What do you think about this, fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hp … 0979_n.jpg ?

Your topic should read How did the Arabians invented numbers?[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEFL listening lectures: A lecture from an arts class (2)[YSaerTTEW443543]

Anyway, the Arabs didn’t invent numbers. They only invented a different way to write them. Civilized society was already using math long before the Arabs had heard of it.

If the Arabs invented the Arabic numerals, then how come they don’t use these symbols (0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9) but some different ones (٠‎ ١‎ ٢‎ ٣‎ ٤‎ ٥‎ ٦‎ ٧‎ ٨‎ ٩‎)? Could be that they are just trying to be special… :slight_smile:

When I was a kid in school, they called those numerals “Hindu-Arabic” numerals, not “Arabic”. The system was actually invented in India and was adopted by the Persians.

Ouch, I feel like pwned. I thought invent+ed we use when we talk about something that happened in the past. And yep, I forgot to write ‘the’.
It seems I didn’t formulated topic as I should, when I say Arabians, I mean on all of them,although thousands years ago there were numerous types of Arabians. So as Jamie said -Hindu-Arabic was one of them.
They didn’t invent numbers, but they facilitate the use of it, and I found this image pretty interesting,so I think sharing it with you can bring some good chat about it. :>