How could you learn English grammar?

In my case, I have used ‘Grammar in use’ serise. Actually, there are some books from Essential Grammar in use for those who are beginner to Advanced Grammar in use for those who are advanced. I have studied for 2 books which are ‘Grammar in use essential’ and ‘Grammar in use basic’. I thought it was enough to use English in use. However, I ocationally find some strange structures in sentences and I feel nervous. How do you study your English grammar?

Hi Sunhoek,

There are a number of things you can do to improve your grammar. In addition to studying grammar rules by using grammar books you should try and get as much “English input” as possible. Learning grammar rules is one thing, knowing what sounds good is another. You can only know what sounds good and correct if you listen and read a lot. You can try to study all the grammar rules that linguists have ever written down and you might still not be able to express your thoughts clearly.[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, question-response: When can you deliver the order to our warehouse?[YSaerTTEW443543]

Not only that, but grammar books don’t contain all the possible structures. I have been using English since I was 2, and I’ve studied and taught English grammar for years, and I still run into correct structures in daily life that are not explained in any grammar book. I know, because I look for them.

In my opinion learners can learn grammar and practice it in communicative grammar exercises with real life content (with sentences that most likely can be used in real life situations). Learners of English should be encouraged to make up their own sentences on each grammar point taking into consideration their personal daily life activities (thus using English grammar for their potential relevant needs in realistic situations). Imagination and creativity play a major role in this practice as learners prepare for potential use of English grammar for their needs.