Is this correct writing for the job responsibilities:
- Research for assigned project and report the progress to superior.
- Advise about general IP (Intellectual Properties) and procedure to the University staff.
- Contact researcher/lecturer to protect IP right.
- Patent database search to analyse novelty and inventive step of invention
- Draft detail description and claim.
- Prepare patent and copyright application and relating document.
- File patent and copyright application
- Monitoring patent application status
- Collect/provide data and update the office’s IP database
- Analyse research project proposal about IP
- Monitoring and evaluating the progress of research projects to protect IP right
- Contact researcher to provede the IP application
- Contact/coordinate/follow up about technology transfer/licensing of the agency
I think Risaza’s list is more representative of “job responsibilities”. Shanthi’s is more a list of desired employee qualities and behavior.
It is fine apart from a few minor errors. I like how you began every line with an action verb.
Hi Mr.Luschen Sir,
What I mentioned above are one kind of responsibilities to the Employee when he takes
responsibility to the post which he holds, it is only general responsibilities, it is not a list
of disired Employee qualities & behavior.
When an Employee takes responsibilities of the organization as a Clerk, Manager, Officer,
he has to be punctual to the office, that is the main duty/responsibility.
2.Patience & Tolerance to the project: He has got a responsibility to finish the project
without considering the difficulties whatever comes.
Time Management: He has to finish the project within stipulated time without fail.
Motivation & Hard work: When the employee is working as Manager/Officer, he has
to motivate the subordinates and make them to work hard to get the work done.
Reaching the target/above: Reaching the target is not a simple job, for that he
has to take necessary actions/responsibilities to reach the target and he may reach Excel level, it depends on his management/talent.
Co-operation with Colleagues: When he takes a big responsibility to finish the task,he has to co-operate with Colleagues.
7.Self-Confidence: When he takes any job responsibility, he should have 100% self-confidence on his work assigned to him.
8.Respect to the Higher Authorities: He has to please all higher Authorities for getting
permission to do the job, if he doesn’t behave well, he will not be promoted to the higher level.
- Giving Good ideas for Development: Giving good ideas/feed back to the Management will lead him to higher level, his responsibility will be praised by the Management, he may get more responsibilities.
- Not-revealing Business Secrets to the Competitors: He has got the responsibility
to not leak the secrets of the business under any circumstances to the Competitors,
to get orders/sales.
Please don’t criticize myself, if my opinions are wrong in your angle.
Hi, I did not mean to criticize you. Your list was very good. I was just saying that “job responsibilities” are usually more specific. I now see that your list was “general responsibilities”.
Thanks a lot. I’m going to practice really hard.
Job descriptions are essential. The process of writing job descriptions is actually quite easy and straight-forward. Many people tend to start off with a list of 20-30 tasks, which is okay as a start, but this needs refining to far fewer points, around 8-12 is the ideal.