How can I improve my English vocabulary?

hi all,anyone help me,i want to know that how can i improve my english vocabulary? Reply me if anyone know it.

Hi Zeel,

Keep reading as much as possible. Send messages to our forum and communicate with other contributors.

Remember ‘I’ and ‘English’ both start with capital letters.

Alan

Hi Alan,
Thank you! =)) Do I need to remember the meaning of the words? If I have some words I don’t know, I will check the dictionary and remember the words to Chinese meaning. So, how you feel my way? Sometimes, I feel it is very hard. Because the very less of the words I know, I don’t want to read anymore. But our forum, people use daily English, that is ok for me. So, how to solute my issue?

Thank you very much! 谢谢你很多!

Hi Alan,
Thank you very much to reply me and I remember now that things which you suggest me.

Zeel

You are in the same boat as I am. So, I’ll share my technique in the hope that if it works for you. Let me know how it goes. Basically, what I do is, when I read a book and come across a word that I don’t know, I look it up in dictionary just like you do. The only difference is that I don’t translate that word into my native language. Instead, I learn its English definition as it is and memorize the context in which it is used. You may need to grab dictionary again and again for the same word that you already looked up but, the good thing is, you are effectively learning the usage at the same time, not just the definition. As hard as it may sound, trust me, you’ll get the hang of it not long after. Read books as many as you can. If I may suggest, “Guns, Germs and Steel” is a great read if you are into philosophy.

I remembered that I used to translate English words into my mother tongue and, what I’ve realized is that, it wasn’t effective at all. Mainly,because there is no one to one equivalent among words and, when it comes to using a “word”, I just didn’t feel sure if it was the right place to use. So I decided to drop it and find new technique that works for me.

reply the word as much possible:)it’s agood method try it

haya