Holly Johnson's accent in "Americanos"?

So, can you define Holly Johnson’s accent by listening to his song ‘Americanos’?[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC short conversations: Making arrangement for a business meeting[YSaerTTEW443543]

He’s just using a typical black-influenced white person’s accent that’s common in American pop music. People only sing in this accent; they never talk in it.

Can you tell from that song where Holly Johnson is from?[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEFL listening lectures: What is the main danger of obesity?[YSaerTTEW443543]

You can’t, because he’s using a traditional singing accent and almost surely not his normal spoken accent. Nobody natively uses the accent he sings with on that recording, so there’s no indication of where he’s from.

Hi Jamie,

I’m relieved to heat that because back in the 80ies when Frankie Goes To Hollywood became popular I used to think that they are from the States. Since back then the Internet didn’t exist it was quite difficult for me to find out more about the band. It took me quite a while to find out that Holly Johnson is from Liverpool and even manages to speak with a Welsh accent during interviews…[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEFL listening lectures: A lecture from a life sciences class (3)[YSaerTTEW443543]