History and literature are more important subjects for students than science...

History and literature are more important subjects for students than science and mathematics.

Although, I believe that every subject have its own importance and necessary to know, however, when it comes to science and mathematics, I have more inclination towards both of the subjects. Students can’t deny the importance of history and literature in their life. A lot of students really like history and literature and thinks these are more important subjects than science and mathematics. I strongly disagree that history and literature are more important subjects for students than science and mathematics because of some specific reasons.

First, today’s era is a technology era and for understanding them you will have to study science and math. For instance, internet, computers, cellular phones and even television are the most important inventions of science and for understanding them we will have to study science. If you don’t know how the early civilization occurs, how a language evolved, it doesn’t affect your life much.

In addition to previous one, mathematics and science are more career oriented subjects. If you are not good in mathematics, you can’t qualify any professional exam. For instance, everybody including me wants to earn good money, better life and HAVE all kind of luxuries. Therefore you will have to have good professional career like engineering, medical and other business administrative.

Finally, in real world you can’t survive without science and math. Your all regular basic need depend on machines; for instance, your car, motorcycle and air conditioner. These days people want to invest money in different share markets and have to aware of economy but without good knowledge of math you can’t be expert of investment. Even a lot of subjects’ basics are science and math. For example, economy, finance, pharmacy and many other subjects based on these two subjects. So you must have to acknowledge the importance of science and mathematics.

To summarize, I strongly disagree that it is important for students to study history and literature than mathematics and science.

TOEFL listening lectures: Why does the professor mention Cygnus X-1?

Amm… I think that it depends. Some students love science, some - maths. For instance, I’m keen on maths but I can’t stand science.
We can’t say sth is more important than another. All programs of studies have its own requiremens and students choose them according to the subjects.
Certainly, I can agree that history and literature is more useful to a person. Science… You know my opinion to it. And you see, I can live without it. Maths is the same. People don’t need sophisticated news about it in the real life.
History and literature is other thing. It helps to become wise, it forms your point of view to the life, to love your native land and its history.
All in all, if we speak about useful things, history and literature are more important. If we speak about just importance of them, i really can’t choose.

Hi Bds
necessary = an adjective, for example: It is necessary for all of the new learners to read as much as they can.
necessity = a noun, for instance: You can’t deny the necessity of reading in your improvement.

Your sentence is: I believe that every subject have its own importance and necessary to know.
Which should be: I do believe that every subject has its own importance and necessity to know.

Regards