hi,,Please check and rate this,thanks

Some movies are serious, designed to make the audience think. Other movies are designed primarily to amuse and entertain. Which type of movie do you prefer? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer

The topic of whether a movie should be entertaining or be designed to motivate one’s thinking power has long been a matter of debate. While many believe that movies should be thought-provoking, others hold the opposite idea and state that they should be a means of amusement. This article analyses the conflict between these two groups.

Some believe that movies should address serious topics. They believe that the idea behind producing movies at the first place was to extend one’s level of knowledge. They convincingly exemplify their belief by mentioning documentaries of the world war II and the impact of these movies on all-inclusive awareness of the consequent generations. Supporters of this viewpoint also argue that the principle goal of making movies is to awaken people’s mind about the social problems. In other words, the proponents of this standpoint mention that movies should reflect the hidden miseries of society and should motivate their viewers to seek for the solution. Moreover, this group discuss that a thought-provoking movie has a beneficial effect on human mind; that is, according to a long-term large-scale study, watching serious movies lessens the risk of Alzheimer’s disease in a long run; therefore, indicating the positive impacts of producing serious films.

On the other hand, some believe that movies goal should be entertaining people. Proponent of this viewpoint argue that as we are living in a stressful world, movies should be entertaining enough to distract us from our day-to-day problems. Moreover, this group present an overwhelming numbers of studies which confirm the positive effects of watching comic movies on human’s emotional health. According to the articles, a considerable number of disorders such as deppresion can be controlled or treated by watching entertaining movies. Furthermore, supporters of this idea discuss that amusing programs can be beneficial on economical grounds; that is, according to movie producers, entertaining programs bring in more money in comparison with the serious ones.

Drawing a conclusion out of aforementioned argument, I prefer amusing movies, for the happiness they bring about. Entertaining movies lift up my spirit and freshen up my mind. They also make me relaxed so that I become energetic for the following days. I hope film industry produces more entertaining programs.

TOEFL listening discussions: Why did the professor ask to see the student?

Hi, I thought this was a wonderful essay, very pleasing to read with a clear structure and very effective arguments. Your grammar and vocabulary are top-notch, the only problems are some errors in word choice and a few minor sentence construction and preposition choice mistakes. Still, a very good effort, I would rate it a 4.5 out of 5.