Hi people I'm from Bulgaria, too!

In Spanish language it would be “Pamelita” and “Elenita” I guess.

Name Conchita is already in diminutive ( smaller form). Just kidding…

Any way to say your names in augmentative. It is possible to do so in Serbian with some nouns, my native language and I believe in most of Slavic languages.

How about in German and Roman languages?

In Spanish language it would be “Pamelita” and “Elenita” I guess Laughing

Name Conchita is already in diminutive ( smaller form).

Any way to say your names in augmentative. It is possible to do so in Serbian with some nouns, my native language and I believe in most of Slavic languages.

How about in German and Roman languages?

Of course it’s in diminutive. Otherwise, it would be Concha :slight_smile:

You’re partly right, Elena. Concha, in turn, is short for Concepci?n or Mar?a de la Concepci?n (my full name!) :slight_smile: . In Italian I’m Concetta and in Arabic Mariam, for example!

Me escuse, pero no soy muy perfecta in espanol. :smiley:

Wow! I’m impressed :o :slight_smile: ! How come you speak Spanish? Do you find it difficult as compared to, say, English?

Of course it’s in diminutive. Otherwise, it would be Concha

Hey Conchita, has your name ever been misspelled, e.g. instead of “o” “u”? :slight_smile: Just wondering? No offence, OK?

[color=red]Conchita’s name is a [size=200][color=orange]great [/size]with all kinds of spelling… :roll:

Herc

Well, I was forced by my school to study a third language three years ago and as I don’t like studying German, I chose Spanish. Actually, I believe that it is a lot easier than English, but this opinion is not to be trusted because I started studying English when I was seven and Spanish- when I was thirteen. Now I am about to celebrate my eighteenth birthday, which is next week, and I don’t believe that I am more fluent in Spanish. I love that language and I am trying to do my best to improve my abilities to the highest point that I can. As a matter of fact, I am a little jealous that it’s your first language, Conchita! :smiley:

And no offence taken – a name is only a name, after all. Yes, it has occasionally been misspelled by non-Spanish speakers (Conshita, Concita, etc.), but not by changing the ‘o’ to a ‘u’. A little boy once used to call me ‘Conthtita’ and a teacher I had in primary school pronounced it the French way (which doesn’t sound very nice!). ‘Cuncha’ would be ‘shell’ in Galician and Portuguese, as far as I know. Why do you ask? Does it have any other meaning :slight_smile: ?

:oops: :smiley:

Maybe that’ll make me appreciate it more. Thanks, Elena!

I am affraid it does. Ever watched the movie " Scarface".

TONY ( Al Pacino)
What are you kidding – he’s soft.
I seen it in his face – booze and a
cuncha tells him what to do.

Tony to Manny about Frank. :slight_smile:

:oops: Yes, I know, but it’s spelled ‘concha’ really. It has this… ‘different’ meaning in some Latin American countries!! I’d have to change my name if I went there :slight_smile: .

This reminds me that, when I was a kid at school, a classmate made fun of my full name and called me ‘Marie de la constipation’ (Mary of the constipation) – I didn’t find it funny at all. That’s children for you!

Hi!
:slight_smile:

Hi,Elena it is easier to me writing in Bulgarian,but we all speak in English here,so…I am from Bulgariq too and I will have an English exam in a month.Would you please help me with it?If you have skype,or facebook,could you give it to me?