Hi, Luschen! I'm back again. Please help me to rate and correct my IELTS essay!

The graphs below provide information on global population figures and figures for urban populations in different world regions.Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.

[b][u]The line graph shows how the global population changed from the year 1800 to 2100 and the bar chart illustrates the projected changes of the population in the developed regions and developing regions between 2015 and 2040.

As can be seen from the first chart, the number of population in the world started at 1000 millions in 1800. It experienced a slow increase to around 2500 millions during the next 150 years before glowing dramatically to 8000 million from 1950 to 2040. On the contrary, there is expected to decline to 6000 approximately in 2100.

With regard to second chart, a significant growth from about 2010 millions to 4000 millions will be seen in the number of population in the developing regions between 2015 and 2040. However, the figure will maintain balanced at nearly 1010 millions in the developed regions during the 35 years.

Overall, it is clear that developing regions suffer more from the number of population than developed regions and after 2040, the number of worldwide population will decline gradually.[/u]
[/b]

TOEFL listening lectures: What is one problem with contribution approach?

Hi Candy, I thought you did a pretty good job of summarizing the data here, but some of your sentences were not quite correct. My question about his data is the predicted peak in 2040. The second bar chart shows no variation in the rate of increase, I wish I knew more information on how they justify the peak occurring in 2040. I don’t think they expect you to make inferences or question the data, I am just interested. Overall, I would rate this a band 6.5