Hi, I'm Martin from the Philippines

I’m Martin, from the Philippines. Glad to have found this forum, as I’m starting my new job (as a Language Coach for a BPO) on Monday and I need all the help I can get with regard to the most common aspects of the English language that people have difficulties with. Hopefully by going through the topics here I find what I seek and in the process be able to help out a lot of people with their English speaking and writing skills.

Hello Martin,

Welcome to english-test.net and many thanks for your interesting introduction. It’s great to have a new language coach from the Philippines on board. Please tell me more about the students you are going to start teaching on Monday. Where are they from and what is their level of English? How many hours are you going to teach them a week and what kind of materials are you going to use?

Talk to you soon,
Torsten[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC short conversations: Booking a flight to Vienna[YSaerTTEW443543]

Hi Torsten, and thank you for the warm welcome.

The “students” I’ll be handling are customer service and tech support reps in a call center here in the Philippines. Their command of English I guess would be between modest and good. I’ll most probably be handling two or three two-hour classes per day, and evaluating live and recorded calls in between.

Regarding training material, I honestly don’t know yet since it’ll be the department who’ll assign them to us coaches, though I’m thinking of using unorthodox methods to teach them pronunciation and usage.

My job is to teach people, but I’m here in these forums to learn. If I get the chance to help other forum readers out though, I’ll be more than happy to share what I learned as a broadcaster and what I learned from my Pops (who was a senior editor for a national newspaper when he was still alive).