Hi, I am new: I've signed up to receive email lessons for a while but...

Hi,

I am very new here. I’ve signed up to receive email lessons for a while but this is my first time in this forum. I was hesitated to post my thoughts because I always consider myself is a shy person. I often don’t talk a lot and talking about myself is very hard for me. I am American, born in Vietnam and working in Kingston, Jamaica now. I want to improve my English for a better communication at work and everywhere I go. I realize English is an important bridge connecting people around the world and much more.

I am grateful to receive Torsen’s interesting e-mail lessons every weeks.

Thank you.

Hi Thuy,

Welcome to english-test.net and many thanks for your introducation. How are things with you in Kingston? So, do you speak Vietnamese as well as English? As far as I know, English is spoken by most inhabitants of Kingston. Is that true? It’s great that you have started to share your ideas and experiences with me here on the forum and I look forward to reading your answers to my questions.

Regards,
Torsten[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, photographs: A bonfire[YSaerTTEW443543]

Hi Torsten,

Thanks very much for your message. I came to Jamaica after hurricane Dean last year. It’s been a pleasure experience. It’s nice and warm now in Kingston. The hurricane season has passed its peak so I am quite safe now. Jamaica is beautiful country with gogeous blue sea and green moutains. I can speak both English and Vietnamese but Vietnamse is my mother language. Yes, the local people speak patois which is sort of broken English. If you want to say “hello”, you say “guaguan” which has been explained like “what’s going on”. If you want to answer “everything is good”, you say “everything christ”. Jamaican are very friendly and polite. Most of them like partying, dancing and singing. If you lived here you could tell most of Jamaican are born-dancer :-).

Hope everything christ!

Regards,

T.