Here's a riddle. Can you solve it?

I speak without a mouth and hear without ears. I have no body, but I come alive with wind. What am I?

2 Likes

Hi Ryan, welcome back to the forum. It’s great to see you again albeit online only :wink: I hope you are planning to return to Leipzig soon so we can attend another festival together?

As for your riddle I must admit I spent quite some time cracking it until I finally threw in the towel and looked it up :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks for the welcome back! I do plan on going back to Leipzig! It may not be until next year however. I’m joining the U.S. Army!

2 Likes

Wow! That’s very interesting! What exactly will you be doing in the army?

2 Likes

Well, I’ll be taking a language test to see if I have the capability the army is looking for to learn a new language. Then, if I do I’ll become Human Intelligence Collector

2 Likes

The test is Monday by the way. With a completely made up language. As time goes on if I get the job, I can become a sort military investigator or an interrogator. While still maintaining the language they want me to learn.

2 Likes

Very interesting. Please tell me what a Human Intelligence Collector does. It sounds a bit like working for an intelligence service such as the CIA.

1 Like

It could lead to that. First I’d learn a new language and then I’d learn to interrogate and find information out. Essentially I’m a linguist/translator while also being an interrogator

2 Likes

I’m not sure if it’s available in Germany, but if it is. Go to goarmy.com and type in 35w in the search bar. It has the full job description

2 Likes

Perhaps I should finally answer the riddle. I am an ‘echo’.

1 Like