Help me understand this

The directions of the health-supporting medicine that my father bought is written in English. However, there’s a sentence I can’t get the meaning.
I hope someone can help.

“Red ginseng that refer over puts to water 0.9 liter in ceramic pot. Water applies heat in slight fever until get into 1/2 ~ 1/3 degree.”

Why isn’t “refer” used in present simple tense like “refers”?
What does “water applies heat in slight fever” mean?
Why “1/2 ~ 1/3 degree”? I thought when we use the word “degree”, we use “32 degrees celsius” or “100 degrees celsius”

Thanks in advance.

Maybe it’s just me, but I reckon that sentence is rife with errors and it’s nearly incomprehensible.
I can’t make heads or tails of it. I wouldn’t bother trying to understand it, unless you’re fond of head scratchers.
I think it’s a result of word-by-word translation from some language.

Hi Alive,

I’m a Vietnamese student majoring in English translation, and this is what your sentence will look like in our mother tounge:

“Cho hồng sâm và 0.9 lít nước vào bình đun thuốc, đun nhỏ lửa cho tới khi thể tích còn khoảng 1/2 tới 1/3.”

In English, that error-ridden instruction means:

1. Put the Red Ginseng and 0,9 liter of water into a ceramic pot (a pot custom made for oriental medicine).
  2. Heat the mixture slightly (not too much heat) until the volume reduces to about 1/2 ~ 1/3 of the original volume.

It’s great to be able to translate such sentences like you did. How could you do that, Atomos?

Well, I know for a fact that it’s a word-for-word translation from Vietnamese; therefore, I searched (in Vietnamese) for some ways of cooking red ginseng. Only then could I work out what that sentence means.

Oh yes. If it is true, what a shame for the one who translated the instructions. He may disappoint many patients in need of taking red ginseng.