Help me: Besides and Beyond, please.

Hi, my name is Marcus.

I would like to know the difference between BESIDES and BEYOND, and how to use them.

Thank you everybody.

This explanation could be beyond my possibilities.
I am watching a TV series now but I’ll try to help you with this, besides.

Got it?

I wouldn’t ‘get it’ from that E2. You have used ‘besides’ in the wrong place in your sentence for a start.

Hi Marcus,

Note that the confusion usually comes between the words ‘beyond’ and ‘beside’ - not ‘besides’.
Beside is a preposition meaning “next to.” Besides is a preposition meaning “except” or “in addition to.” As a conjunctive adverb, besides means “also.”

For comparing beside and beyond, this table may be useful.

Can ‘opposite’ sometimes mean ‘in front of’ ?

Off the top of my head, I can’t think of a scenario where it is used that way.

I was astonished the way you were when I came across this notion. It was a sentence in a text.
" the police station is opposite the supermarket."
The MC item:
The police station is _________ the supermarket.
a)-next to
b)-behind
c)-in front of
I was totally convinced that ’ in front of ’ is used when we talk for example about people in a queue. I am in front of my friend. My friend is behind me. The teacher is standing in front of the board. So his back is to the board or the board is behind him.

I had to make a search and I found this in website:

[b]Preposition: In Front Of [/b]

1 In front of means located before or facing something.
Pattern 1: noun + in front of + noun
There is a van in front of their house.
Pattern 2: verb + in front of + noun
The teacher usually stands in front of the class.
He was in front of me in line.
2 In front of can mean in the future.
She has a lot of problems in front of her.

For sentence No1 does the word FACING mean here OPPOSITE?
Is ‘in front of’ in MC acceptable as an answer or these three options are wrong?

It is still vague. And I appreciate your comment.

This the link where I found the explanation above
useit.vn/content/view/1260/366/lang,english/

I said it was ‘off the top of my head’. If you had given a little more of a clue in your first post, then I would have been a little clearer about what you wanted to know.
To be honest, I think that the test question is flawed.

If I saw the phrase ‘the police station is in front of the supermarket’, I would think that the police station is in a street in front of the supermarket, but both had their main front doors facing in the same direction.

‘The police station is facing the supermarket’ indicates that the main front doors faced in opposite directions 9towards each other).

To be honest myself, I thought the test question is flawed. But to my surprise, ‘in front of’ as an option fits the space giving a click.

Just bear in mind that if the test is flawed, even if the answer is marked as correct it doesn’t mean the question is right.

This is the first time I heard that the words - opposite and In front of can be used like this.
I believe it’s wrong. I have never seen any sentence with this meaning till now.

That’s what I think. Thanks a million.