Have you ever heard of graphene batteries?

It just occurred to me that you probably haven’t heard of graphene batteries yet but you should :-). A couple of weeks ago I was teaching a group of 8 guys you were being trained to become network administrators and one of them who had already studied computer science and done an internship at the Fraunhofer Institute brought his ebike to school to give a demonstration. He had assembled the bike himself from parts he had ordered from Alibaba.

It had an electric motor that instead of a conventional lithium ion battery was powered by a graphene battery. It charges five times faster than a lithium battery and can be used for a million cycles. The amazing thing about this is that graphene batteries aren’t available yet on a mass scale but you can buy them already in China via Alibaba. His bike even has a solar panel and a recuperating system which allows him to extend the reach of the battery enormously. We were absolutely stunned when he showed us his bike and explained everything.

2 Likes

Sounds interesting!
Is it possible to produce a car with a graphene battery?

2 Likes

Absolutely. As far as I understand Samsung have already started building a factory in Hungary that will produce graphene batteries for cars and other vehicles and devices.

1 Like