Have you ever driven a fuel cell powered car?

Who of you has already driven a car powered by a fuel cell such as a Toyata Mirai for example? Refueling it takes only 3 minutes and you can cover up to 650 kilometers with one charge. I think this technology will replace combustion engines and it is also superior to electric vehicles.

TOEIC short conversations: Preparing for a test

They have a very long way to go to build the necessary refuelling infrastructure.

1 Like

I think that Solar and Battery technology will explode in the next few years which in

turn will profoundly enhance Electric Car technology.

I’m also very much hoping it is this new technology that is threatening the “Nuclear”

Energy industry?

1 Like

All it takes is for some of the major players to make joint decision and the required infrastructure will be created within a few years.

TOEIC short conversations: Clarifying directions

I think you overestimate the abilities of the major players to agree and action a sensible plan simply.

1 Like

Japan already has a network of hydrogen stations, the US and Germany are following suit. It’s a question of a couple of years until the new technology reaches a substantial share of the market.

TOEIC short conversations: Discussing tardiness

‘A couple of years…’ Time will tell; I would like to think that’s right, but I doubt it very much.

1 Like

It’s already happening, the number of electric cars on the streets has been constantly rising in by 2023 at least 20% of all cars worldwide will be electric.