have sth done

Please tell me, what is the difference between these two sentences:

I’m having cable TV installed tomorrow.

and

I will have cable TV installed tomorrow.

Thanx.

Generally, people would use ‘I will be having’ to indicate an as yet unknown time or a point in time which is further away:
I will be having cable TV installed as soon as I can afford it.
I will be having cable TV installed when we return from holiday.
(It is possible to use ‘I’m having…’ here too, so this is some overlap.)

As ‘tomorrow’ is a definite point in time in the near future, most people would use ‘I’m having…’ in your sentence.
I’m having cable TV installed today/tomorrow/next week/later this year/soon.

Saneta,

You asked for the difference between

In (1) this is just a statement of fact that the installation is going to be done.

In (2) apart from the fact that the installation is going to be done there is a suggestion of a consequence that for example you will now be able to watch more channels.

Gussie

I don’t think the second sentence suggests so much as you imagine. However, it can also be taken to mean just the possibility of the activity (installing). If the speaker stresses the modal, then the activity is almost certain to happen.

Bev’s explanation of the first sentence is more plausible as we find the presence of a definite time (tomorrow) which indicates that it is a scheduled activity. In the second case, however, she uses the future progressive in place of the future simple which, to me, is quite acceptable for the reason mentioned herein above.

[color=blue]p. s. After a few days I will be away for a while. If ‘Bee’ is still here when I return, there will be no participation from me on new threads!

I agree with you, Canadian, on the corrections made. In this connexion I have posted a new topic (Responding to a thread) which you may like to see.