Has human harmed the Earth or made it a better place?

Some people believe that the Earth is being harmed (damaged) by human activity. Others feel that human activity makes the Earth a better place to live. What is your opinion? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

A fervent discussion exists as to whether human activity has damaged the Earth or, to the contrary, has made it a better place to live in. As far as I am concerned, I believe that the green Earth, as we know it, will become a dirty planet sooner, because of the disregard and erroneous acting of the humankind. The basis of my statement will be explained as follows.

Due to human needs for farmland, housing and industry, cutting trees down indiscriminatedly without replanting has lead to deforestation, which is one of the major concerns nowadays. Deforestation that affects not only us but also the entire ecosystem. As with the disappearance of the forests, the wild life is becoming under tremendous threat. The scarcity of shelter and food causes the animals to move or perish. Hence, the extiction of now endangered animals will lead to the unbalance of the whole ecosystem.

Another crucial issue that is harming the Earth is air, water and land contaminations. It goes without saying that less fresh air, clean water and fertile soil are available, as well as, global warming is becoming an unresolved issue. In fact, gas-emissions from the increscent vehicle flow and pollutant-emitting industries are triggering off the greenhouse effect that considerably affects the ozone layer. Besides, oil and industrial splits into the oceans are posing a serious threat to sea world inhabitants and its predators. Additionally, more and more lands are becoming wastelands, making them impossible to house life. Therefore, no wonder the Mother Nature is starting to take revenge on us, by bringing about several floods, droughts, hurricanes, earthquakes and so forth!

All in all, I think the passage of mankind has brought more harm than benefit to the Earth. This is mainly because the unresponsiveness human acting towards the natural resources has led to deforestation and the unbalance of the utter ecosystem. What is more, the enduring air, water and land pollutions are making the Earth the worse place to live in.

TOEFL listening discussions: A conversation between two students in their dormitory during registration week

Some people believe that the Earth is being harmed (damaged) by human activity. Others feel that human activity makes the Earth a better place to live. What is your opinion? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

A fervent discussion exists as to whether human activity has damaged the Earth or, to the contrary, has made it a better place to live in. As far as I am concerned, I believe that the green Earth, as we know it, will become a dirty planet sooner, because of the disregard and erroneous acting of the humankind. The basis of my statement will be explained as follows.

Due to human needs for farmland, housing and industry, cutting trees down indiscriminately without replanting has lead to deforestation, which is one of the major concerns nowadays. Deforestation that affects not only us but also the entire ecosystem. As with the disappearance of the forests, the wild life is becoming under tremendous threat. The scarcity of shelter and food causes the animals to move or perish. Hence, the extiNction of now endangered animals will lead to the unbalance of the whole ecosystem.

Another crucial issue that is harming the Earth is air, water and land contaminations. It goes without saying that less fresh air, clean water and fertile soil are available, as well as, global warming is becoming an unresolved issue. In fact, gas-emissions from the INCREASING vehicle flow and pollutant-emitting industries are triggering off the greenhouse effect that considerably affects the ozone layer.

Besides, oil and industrial SPILLS into the oceans are posing a serious threat to sea world inhabitants and its predators. Additionally, more and more lands are becoming wastelands, making them impossible to house life. Therefore, no wonder the Mother Nature is starting to take revenge on us, by bringing about REGULAR floods, droughts, hurricanes, earthquakes and so forth!

All in all, I think the passage of mankind has brought more harm than benefit to the Earth. This is mainly because DUE TO the unresponsiveness IRRESPONSIBLE ACTIONS OF humanS acting towards the natural resources has led to deforestation and the unbalance of the utter ENTIRE ecosystem. What is more, the enduring air, water and land pollutions are making the Earth the A worse place to live in.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Keep it simple Mil, keep it simple.
Kitos. 7.5/10

Mea culpa.
Thanks for the corrections.

Shouldn’t it be: This is mainly due to the irresponsible human actions towards the natural resources have led to… ???