Has any one tried using word list on cell phones?

Well, i was searching for better ways to learn word lists and i found some one talking about word list on phones (but that was for GRE).

Can you tell me if the same can be used for SAT?

The site is deltecs.com from where i saw the cell phone based learning. M not sure how useful is that but if any one has tried please let me know.

Thanks in advance

Hi,

How exactly does the “Sophisticated Search Functionality” work?[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, photographs: A women in an office[YSaerTTEW443543]

Well, m not sure - but i think…a normal search should be different from a sophisticated search…

say like u just type in two letters and it gives u a listing of all the words beginning from them.

But it sounds inetresting, I think i am going to try.

Thanks for your quick response. Does the software also help you kick the habit of chopping words?[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, photographs: Workers on scaffolding[YSaerTTEW443543]

Well, just an observation - I have been active in a lot of technology forums and some how I see a lot of people do really care for correctly spelt words.

May I ask, does it really matter if the words are chopped or they arent?

Anyway, we must not discuss habits - doesnt serve the purpose. :slight_smile:

Well, you might have noticed that our forum is a place for people who want to improve their English so yes, I do think that correct spelling is important. I don’t know what purpose you have mind but learning is all about changing habits so why would you say we mustn’t discuss habits?[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, photographs: An outdoor market[YSaerTTEW443543]

Learning - according to theory of neural networks + artificial intelligence + genetic engineering - humans learn from each other - to learn from each other all we need is to communicate - as long as the NLP skills of a human brain are intact - it would for sure take care of the short words.

Besides - as we move into age of pure digitization - we start moving towards a scarcity of bandwidth ( say frequency spectrum bandwidth). And if you must know, more the characters are required for electronic transfer the higher is the bandwidth required.

So if u would want to change habits - change it for good. :slight_smile:

I don’t see bandwidth as a ‘good’ at all.

[color=blue]Non-standard spelling and grammar:
So if u would want to change habits → 35 letters and spaces
[color=blue]

Standard spelling and grammar:
So if you wanted to change habits → 33 letters and spaces

Interesting. The moral of this particular story appears to be this:

You can reduce the amount of bandwidth required if you use correct spelling and grammar.

:smiley: :lol: :smiley: