Hamburg spring in full swing

Greetings from Hamburg where spring is already in full swing. Unbelievable.

4 Likes

If I may say… that’s some cheerful topic!
A sight for sore eyes…

Spring coming after the winter. It happens unfailingly every year and still never ceases to amaze.
I wonder what the flowers in the last two pictures are though…

Now Hamburg… looks really robust and solemn.
As for those waters I hope they’re in better shape than the Thames’.

2 Likes

I’ll have to do some research on this once I get home :slight_smile:

[quote=“Vivianna, post:2, topic:173804”]Now Hamburg… looks really robust and solemn.
As for those waters I hope they’re in better shape than the Thames.[/quote]

The whole of Hamburg is in much better shape than London now that our British friends have finally left the EU (at least formally). Just kidding :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Well it’s very sad they left. I hope this doesn’t mark the beginning of the unravelling of the EU sweater…

Maybe the world has started spinning backwards…
Hey… that was a cheerful topic… :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Our British friends have not really left us, it’s all a big show to draw as much attention as possible. The challenges we are all facing are so big that we can solve them only if we work together so instead of drifting apart we actually are getting closer to each other than we were ever before.

2 Likes

That sounded optimistic to me.
Well …they say there’s optimistic, pessimistic and realistic.

Then again they say ‘make me a prophet and I’ll make you a king’. Who can foresee the future? We’ll have to wait and see…

2 Likes

I believe in the evolution of the human race which means that our societes have been developing from primitive beginnings hundreds of thousands of years ago to ever higher standards becoming more and more ‘humane’. For the individual it often is very difficult or even impossible to see that there is progress in this process but as a whole every generation becomes more sophisticated.

2 Likes

Historically speaking, I’m afraid, continuous evolvement of the human race doesn’t have a scientific basis, at all! There have been many phases in the development of humans when instead of them progressing they were regressing to previous states.

For example, once there was the so called Golden Age of the City-State of Athens when so many concepts of modern civilization were created and then there was what …? The Middle Ages/Dark Ages… etc, etc
So many other examples really…

I think you are obviously speaking from the perspective of a optimist.
I could probably say more if I were not so exhausted… :tired_face: so I’ll leave it at that.

2 Likes

Well, I take the initial topic was rather warped (did you really not know the word or pulling our leg?) :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: … by digressing and regressing to other, sombre stuff.

Maybe you should post it anew. I would love to read more people’s responses to it.

Or how about you broke it up into more subjects for discussion; … or should I??

2 Likes

Feel free to break the discussion up into any number of different subjects - - the more exchange of ideas we can stimulate the better!

1 Like