Guess where I'm now...

This is a view from the room I’m currently living in. Where do you think this is?

TOEIC listening, photographs: Preparation for a meeting

Somewhere in Florida?

I’m assuming that at least part of the reason you have posted here to make people Jealous :slight_smile: - so first of all I can congratulate you on succeeding with that part of it, while simultaneously wishing you a pleasant “stay” (If that is correct?)

“Currently living in” as opposed to “Currently staying in”

IMO living implies to remain in a place for the indefinite future, so you can say you live there.

To say that you’re going to be there for a fixed period, you would say that you’ll be staying there.

But I think even without the time context it’s about your principal place of residence, where do you keep all the stuff you really don’t need right now? That’s where you live.

Could it be that with you being a German speaker “remain” carries with a sense of permanency that doesn’t really exist in English.???
Just a thought btw wear some Sun Block Torsten! :slight_smile:
Schon Urlaub

I hope you live not stay.

Yes, there actually is that certain difference between living and staying and the subconscious mind has been telling me I need to come back to this place since it’s the best summer holiday spot I’ve been to so far. No, it’s not in the US but in the EU. Here is some more…

TOEIC listening, photographs: Clearing away the snow

Is it Menton (Cote d’Azur)?

No cigar. It’s one of your neighboring countries.[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, photographs: Checking the circuit[YSaerTTEW443543]

Sunny Beach in Bulgaria. If i’m not wrong, you were at Royal Palace Helena Sands.

You are were you is Torsten!

My view is to the mountains in Bogotá, Colombia. That is my prize. Better than that, my prize is to receive your mails I wish you continue enjoying your views. This time I won’t contend for a prize.

Why do you leave us in curiosity, dear Torsen?

On the blue planet, for sure.

You are getting closer, as a matter of fact, some of you have already named the place. Молодци! Btw, this is my office at the beach. (Nobody can brag like me ;-))

[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEFL listening discussions: A conversation between a student and a university advisor[YSaerTTEW443543]

Congratulations!
Oh, have you checked the bank statements?

Yes Sergey asked me to keep an eye on his bank account because he is too busy to do it himself…[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEFL listening discussions: A conversation between a professor and his assistant[YSaerTTEW443543]

Great. A billionaire who forgets to check his cash flow is a tomorrow’s beggar, they say. Oops.

1 Like

Hi Torsten,

Its a great surprise to hear from you again.I hope you are well and fine.

Looking at the picture,definitely its not in USA .Its a place in EU.

The scenery is so serene and beautiful.

Is it Greece?

Lai Meai