- Don’t do nit-picking and flinging mud on others.
- Don’t seek an opportunity to fling mud on others way.
- Don’t take others’ comment as a personal affront.
Are these sentences grammatically OK?
If they are not, please correct them.
- Don’t nit-pick and fling mud at others.
- Don’t seek an opportunity to fling mud at others / in the direction of others.
- Don’t take others’ comments as a personal affront.
sorry, I have a query.
Could you please help me to solve it?
What does “Fling mud at others” mean?
Thanks in advance.
As an idiom, if someone slings/flings/throws mud at another person, they try to make other people have a low opinion of them by saying unpleasant things about them.