Grammar: ...than + to inf. or without a to inf.

Hi all of you

-Are the following sentence correct or not?

• I have more important things on my mind than to worry about your problems.

• I have more important things on my mind to worry about your problems.

• The butler had other things on his mind than to worry about the family’s breakfast, after all, there was going to be a wedding at the Gioberti estate and he had to prepare it all by himself.

• The butler had other things on his mind to worry about the family’s breakfast, after all , there was going to be a wedding at the Gioberti estate and he had to prepare it all by himself.

Thanks.

• I have more important things on my mind than to worry about your problems. - YES

• I have more important things on my mind to worry about your problems. - NO, but this is: I have more important things on my mind to worry about than your problems.

• The butler had other things on his mind than to worry about the family’s breakfast, after all, there was going to be a wedding at the Gioberti estate and he had to prepare it all by himself. - YES though it is not a good example of clear writing and sentence-structure.

• The butler had other things on his mind to worry about the family’s breakfast, after all , there was going to be a wedding at the Gioberti estate and he had to prepare it all by himself. - NO The butler had other things on his mind to worry about than the family’s breakfast…

Thanks Beeesneees. Now, would you please have a look at another thread: Grammar: The Present Perfect. And I’m sorry again, I should send you a beautiful gift for all your help. But I was confused. I’m sorry again. You’re doing a perfect job here on the website.

Thanks

Hi Alexandro,

I get to each thread in turn as the opportunity arises. You really don’t need to ask someone to look at a different thread unless it is obvious that it has been accidentally missed and no one has responded.