Good teachers set challenging tasks for their students

I’m sorry Kito, I forgot to put the title of my topic. If I post it again, will it be scored? As for your corrections, I always pay careful attention to them and learn from them.

Edelreizker

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?
Good teachers set challenging tasks for their students.

Good teacher is not only this who sets challenging tasks. He should distinguish between motivated and diligent students and these who do not seem to have a lot of interests in his subject. Then he should be supposed to act accordingly. Demanding and understanding - this characteristics, in my view, the best reflects qualities of a good teacher. His own knowledge is also vitally important but patience and consequence should be considered even higher. This set of characteristics allows a good teacher to act accordingly. He would then be able to set challenging tasks for those of his students who perform well and are highly motivated. Furthermore, a good teacher should be able to see person as an individual with their own preferences, strengths, weaknesses, capabilities and potentials. Challenging tasks should be set for ambitious students. These who want extra practice and class assignments, extensive reading and broader analysis should be given appropriate tasks. Some students take part in school competitions, prepare themselves for A-levels or university entrance exams. This is why they require more homework and assignments so that they can gain more confidence, training and score better on the exams.

On the other hand there are students who are not especially interested in particular subjects. Those who like mathematics are not necessarily keen on literature or history. A good teacher has to consider those individual preferences and set different tasks for them. For instance, teachers should encourage this group of students to do minimal effort in their field. Besides, they must be able to keep the lessons interesting and easy to follow. Attractive audiovisual materials, field exercises and laboratories would probably make the lessons more interesting. Students would then have no problems to follow the material presented and would be much willing to take an active part in the lessons.

The ability to recognize and distinguish the individual needs rather than setting challenging tasks is a key factor for being a good and competent teacher.

TOEFL listening lectures: How would you describe the results of the Viking biological experiments?

Thank you once again for your kindness, Kito. I’m taking the test next Saturday and really appreciate your feedback.

Warmest regards,

Edelreizker