Getting up early vs. getting up late

Hi, Kitos. Please, look at this essay. I think there are quite enough mistakes to find. Thanks a lot :slight_smile:

Although some people get up early, others prefer to get up late. Of course, going to bed early and getting up early is good for work and health, but this habit depends on a person’s character and living way. As to me, I usually adhere to the first one, because it suits my biological rhythm and living.

First, I am an ‘early swallow’ rather than a ‘late owl’. I tend to wake up early in the mornings, and even on weekends I hardly stay in bed until 8 PM. I feel very fresh and energetic in the mornings, and could take on any work. I usually study at this part of the day, because my brain works excellently after nighttime dream, and I can easily grasp difficult materials and memorize them. Besides, I like doing exercises to fortify my body, and feel good all the day. In the evenings, on the contrary, I am very passive. I cannot stay up late and usually fell asleep in front of TV, let alone reading a book or listening to something interesting.

Second, I prefer to start carrying out my plans early in order to complete them on time. It is more comfortable to do clean-up and bake something delicious while other family members are asleep and do not bother me. My mother adores such surprises on weekends. The accomplishment of daily works early allows me to go out, and enjoy meeting with friends, visiting relatives, shopping and so forth MORE. I have only two days off a weak, and want to spend them effectively. When I get up late I feel that my day is wasted. I cannot realize my plans for this day and feel frustrated. I think it must be related to my living. I work from 9 AM till 6 PM from Monday to Friday. Therefore, I have to get up early to get to work at 9, and I got used to it.

To sum up, I prefer to go to bed early and get up early, because it is more convenient for me. This habit allows me to feel well and organize my day in a more productive way, especially taking into account opposite preferences of my family members like going to bed late and getting up late.

TOEFL listening lectures: Why does the lecturer mention Leonardo da Vinci?

Hi, Kitos. Please, look at this essay. I think there are quite enough mistakes to find. Thanks a lot :slight_smile:

Although some people get up early, others prefer to get up late. Of course, going to bed early and getting up early is good for work and health, but this habit depends on a person’s character and /living way/MODE OF LIFE. As FOR me, I usually adhere to the first one, because it suits my biological rhythm and living.

First, I am an ‘early BIRD’ rather than a ‘NIGHT owl’. I tend to wake up early in the mornings, and even on weekends I hardly EVER stay in bed until 8 AM. I feel very fresh and energetic in the mornings, and could take on any work. I usually study at this TIME OF day, because my brain works excellently after night-time dreamS, and I can easily grasp difficult materials and memorize them. Besides, I like doing exercises to fortify my body, and feel good all the day. In the evenings, on the contrary, I am very passive. I cannot stay up late and usually FALL asleep in front of TV, let alone reading a book or listening to something interesting.

Second, I prefer to /start carrying out/BEGIN/ my plans early in order to complete them on time. It is more comfortable to do cleanING-up and TO bake something delicious while other family members are asleep and do not bother me. My mother adores such surprises on weekends. The accomplishment of MY daily works early allows me to go out and enjoy meeting with friends, visiting relatives, shopping and so forth. I have only two days off a WEEK, and want to spend them effectively. When I get up late I feel that my day is wasted. I cannot realize my plans for this day and feel frustrated. I think it must be related to my living. I work from 9 AM till 6 PM from Monday to Friday. Therefore, I have to get up early to get to work at 9 AM, and I /got/HAVE BECOME/ used to it.

To sum up, I prefer to go to bed early and get up early, because it is more convenient for me. This habit allows me to feel well(,) and TO organize my day in a more productive way, especially taking into account opposite preferences of my family members(,) like going to bed late and getting up late.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
You are certainly a good writer. You will have no trouble with your TOEFL exam, but we must gain you the highest mark possible. Keep reading.

Kitos. 9/10

Thanks, Kitos. I think my problem is I don’t feel English. It’s awful… I should have developed intuition by this time …

Let’s return to this essay, I thought as to = as for. They are synonims, aren’t they?

And I don’t understand why I should write TO in this sentence: This habit allows me to feel well(,) and TO organize my day in a more productive way :frowning: And to put a coma before like: especially taking into account opposite preferences of my family members(,) like going to bed late and getting up late :frowning:

And the thing that I doubt, should I write good or well after feel? I used both versions …

Thanks for everything :slight_smile:

should I write good or well after feel? … good.

especially taking into account opposite preferences of my family members(,) like going to bed late and getting up late :frowning: Like I told you before, read it aloud.

And I don’t understand why I should write TO in this sentence: This habit allows me to feel well(,) and TO organize my day in a more productive way. … If I were writing this, this is exactly the way that I would write it.

OK, I’m going shopping now for a couple of hours. 'Bye.

Thanks

Bye :slight_smile: