gave me his money

[color=red]a. He gave me his money.

Could this sentence be used if he gave me only some of his money?
Doesn’t it imply that he gave me all of his money or all the money he had on him, or at least almost all of his money?

Many thanks.

I’d say the short original doesn’t answer any of these questions just stating: 1) he did give you money; 2) the money was his, not anybody else’s.

Yes.
Otherwise, it would be ‘he gave me some (of his) money.’

In all honesty, I can’t see how you could conclude it was 1) “all of his money”; 2) “all the money he had on him”; 3) “almost all of…” Which of them then? Or all combined?

Imagine you hear: “They sold me their jewellery.” Would it mean you bought all you could grab and carry\almost all they had in store\all they found would suit you…?
To my unsophisticated ear, it would just mean what it was reading: They sold it, I got it\He gave me, I got it.
That is, no context means you can’t read into it anything other than stated. (Otherwise you’re free to stretch your imagination as far as saying he gave his money\they sold their jewellery at a gun point or whatever thing may come into your head…)
??

This is just the sort of sentence that would be ideal for ‘Pragmatics’ to analyse as it is open to many interpretations. Look at my post ‘Why’ in the forum - What do you want to talk about?

You said it! As far as a reader is concerned, what is written needs to convey some general meaning. (Edited)

I don’t see how ‘he gave me his money’ could indicate anything other than either
all the money he had at that point
or
all the money he had arranged to hand over (in order to pay for something).

I don’t see how it could mean ‘he gave me some of his money.’

I’ve just listened to it.
“The choices you make when using language”—always was interested. “Pragmatics allows you to answer the question: Why?”—but who is the one to answer it? Search is still on.
“But very often, we communicate more than the literal meanings of the words we use.” /from the next piece Philosophy: Gricean Pragmatics/

Maybe here lies the answer to why different people take that same phrase differently. Why the original sounds to me and a native, quite differently… Interesting.