Fuckты? Putin insults Trump :-)

This is just too good not to be shared here with you. When Donald Trump was meeting with Vladimir Putin a couple of days ago in Helsinki, Putin said amongst other things that his statements were just facts (… а на факты). Now, the first part Russian word for ‘facts’ sounds exactly like ‘fuck’. Please take a look at Donald’s face when Putin allegedly insulted him. His look is just priceless :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi Yana, of course I know господин Putin wasn’t trying to insult Mr. Trump, I just used the title of the post to trigger a reaction ;-). The interesting question here is how come Trump heard Putin pronounce the phrase ‘на факты’ while he was listening to the interpreter in his earphones.

Sure there are quite a number of German words that sound rather funny (or offensive depending on the person’s level of education) such as ‘bist du’ and ‘Herr’ and ‘bis dann’ to name but a few.

1 Like

You right Torsten, there is a quote We only see what we want to see; we only hear what we want to hear. Our belief system is just like a mirror that only shows us what we believe. Don Miguel Ruiz
I like Johann Christian Bach His most important works include cantatas Ach, bleib bei uns, Herr Jesu Christ (for choir, strings and continuo) and german word Herr associates with HERO for mehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ho9rZjlsyYY

2 Likes

I like your connection between ‘Herr’ and ‘hero’. :+1:

1 Like

It does not seem appropriate to post Political items here, not nice.

Maybe you are completely against Trump, which is fine and your preference. However, not nice we start posting our dislikes, likes, hates that are not related to English language.

1 Like

Suresh, I’m afraid you are completely missing the point of this thread. ‘Not nice’ :-).

1 Like

Maybe, I agree Torsten!

2 Likes