Free Skype speaking sessions on a regular basis

Hello everyone. I haven’t visited this page for a long time. We have created our own group on Facebook but I think that it is necessary to keep other people to be informed on this site. We continue our Skype sessions once a week. It happens every Sunday. Newcomers are greatly welcome. You can send me your IDs by private messaging system right here on this very site. (I have used some Megan Noel Wilber suggestions as basic ones)

How To Sign Up

1. Check the list of participants and topics below.
  2. Send me a private message to let me know which dates you wish to participate in.
  3. Send me a private message with your Skype ID so I can add you to my Skype. (Please note that this forum requires you to make 5 posts before you can send a private message.)

Information

1. Each session lasts a maximum of 2 hours.
  2. Each session has a maximum of 10 participants. (Not including myself)
  3. Please sign into Skype 5-10 minutes before the start of the session. I will call everyone into a group at this time.
  4. Please make sure your microphone and speakers (or headset) are working properly before the session starts.
  5. Please be on time. If for some reason you will be late, send me a message beforehand to let me know; otherwise I will give your spot to someone else.
  6. If there are fewer participants, the session may not run the full 2 hours.
  7. If you are unsure about the time difference, you can check this website timeanddate.com/worldclock/ Look for a city in your timezone and compare it with the time in Moscow.

Sunday June 14th, 2015 at 5pm (Moscow time) Topic: Dating

1. Yuri

Sorry. I wanted to delete my previous post but it is impossible. Take care everyone…

Hi Yuri,
I am going to participate too.

Regards,
Anastasia

Dear friends,

From now on, our conversations will be held on Saturdays, starting of in the next one, and it will be happening at 6p.m. Moscow time. Please, be in, as our friend Yuri Zverev is delaying his time to go to bed in order to make it more comfortable for all of us.

By for now, and have a blessed /id/ week.

José Sarto Silva

Dear friends,

I hope that I will be able to record it this time, as I had some problems - including a power outage - in the previous opportunities.

Thanks for your attention.

Have a great week.

José Sarto Silva
. . . . . . . . . . . new goal: keeping up -:slight_smile: my very good command of English l. ha!

some corrections:

historians, rungs, these DAYs…

bye for now.

J. Sarto

Hello everyone. We have changed time and the date of our sessions. From now on they start at 6pm (Moscow time) on Saturday.

How To Sign Up

2. Send me a private message to let me know which dates you wish to participate in.
  3. Send me a private message with your Skype ID so I can add you to my Skype. (Please note that this forum requires you to make 5 posts before you can send a private message.)

Information

3. Please sign into Skype 5-10 minutes before the start of the session. I will call everyone into a group at this time.
  4. Please make sure your microphone and speakers (or headset) are working properly before the session starts.
  5. Please be on time. If for some reason you will be late, send me a message beforehand to let me know; otherwise I will give your spot to someone else.
  7. If you are unsure about the time difference, you can check this website timeanddate.com/worldclock/ Look for a city in your timezone and compare it with the time in Moscow.

Saturday, June 20th, at 6pm (Moscow time) Topic: Most interesting experiences in my life

The list of participants

1. Yuri
    2.Jose
    3.Anastasia
    4.Kati

Great news! Mujibur Rahman is coming back to take part in our sessions.

How To Sign Up

Information

Saturday, June 20th, at 6pm (Moscow time) Topic: Most interesting experiences in my life

The list of participants

1. Yuri
    2.Jose
    3.Anastasia
    4.Kati
    5.Mujibur

Hello Yuri,

It is expected that Johson Li with Skype ID: johnsonlsz from Shenzhen, Guangdong, China would join us in the Skype session today. Please add him in the group call!

Cheers!

Mujibur

That’s OK, Mujibur! Your friend is in my list of contacts.

Dear Yuri,

Please suggest the topic for the next few Saturday Skype Sessions!

And, 6:00 PM Moscow Standard Time seems too late for the Asia region to attend the session; may be it’s too late for you too! Please check with other friends if 4:00 PM Moscow Standard Time suits them!

Best regards,

Mujibur

Hello Mujibur!

That was a matter of discussion with Jose, Anastasia and Kati. Yes, it is a little bit inconvenient for me but it is going to suit our American friends, especially Christen Baldridge from California, especially Evylinda, because it is too early in their continent. It will be 1am in the morning of Sunday when the session will be finished but it is my day off and I will have time to sleep enough and go to work on Monday “without headache”. By the way all previous sessions were finished when it was midnight at my place. So, we can discuss our best time on Satturday.

In an hour or two I will send a topic for our next session.

Best regards,
Yuri

Our next topic is “If I were God, or someone famous, or a powerful man…” It was suggested by our Brazilian friend Jose Sarto Almeida Silva​. Please, be prepared. Session starts at 6pm, Moscow time, Saturday.

Hello everyone,

Please come up with your views and ideas to make our ‘Free Skype Speaking Session on Saturdays’ as meaningful possible!

Congrats! to Yuri and Jose for their valuable contributions in it! :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Mujibur

Hey everyone,

I know it’s been a long time but I’m not able to join the weekend sessions most of the time as my weekends are regularly full at the time the sessions are hosted. I miss all of you and my weeks are quieting down a bit, so I wanted to host a couple of sessions again.

How To Sign Up

1. Check the list below for the current dates and times.
  2. Post here in the topic thread or send me a private message to let me know which dates you wish to participate in.

Information

2. Each session has a maximum of 6 to 8 participants. (Not including myself)
  3. Each session is recorded and shared with others.
  4. Please sign into Skype 5-10 minutes before the start of the session. I will call everyone into a group at this time.
  5. Please make sure your microphone and speakers (or headset) are working properly before the session starts.
  6. Please be on time. If for some reason you will be late, send me a message beforehand to let me know; otherwise I will give your spot to someone else.
  7. If there are fewer participants, the session may not run the full 2 hours.
  8. If you are unsure about the time difference, you can check this website timeanddate.com/worldclock/ Look for a city in your timezone and compare it with the time in Amsterdam (which is my timezone).

Please note that if you are late, your spot may be given up to someone else who is present and wants to participate.

Wednesday July 8th, 2015 at 2pm (Netherlands time) - Topic: Creativity

1. Megan
  2. Yuri
  3. Jose

Wednesday July 15th, 2015 at 2pm (Netherlands time) - Topic: Idioms

1. Megan
  2. Yuri

Hello Megan,
how nice to hear from you. Please add my name to the skype sessions on the 8th and 15th of july.
Thank you. Bye, bye.

Dear Megan,

Please add me to the list of the Skype Sessions of 8th and 15th July 2015!

Cheers!

Mujibur

Hey everyone,

I know it’s been a long time but I’m not able to join the weekend sessions most of the time as my weekends are regularly full at the time the sessions are hosted. I miss all of you and my weeks are quieting down a bit, so I wanted to host a couple of sessions again.

How To Sign Up

1. Check the list below for the current dates and times.
  2. Post here in the topic thread or send me a private message to let me know which dates you wish to participate in.

Information

2. Each session has a maximum of 6 to 8 participants. (Not including myself)
  3. Each session is recorded and shared with others.
  4. Please sign into Skype 5-10 minutes before the start of the session. I will call everyone into a group at this time.
  5. Please make sure your microphone and speakers (or headset) are working properly before the session starts.
  6. Please be on time. If for some reason you will be late, send me a message beforehand to let me know; otherwise I will give your spot to someone else.
  7. If there are fewer participants, the session may not run the full 2 hours.
  8. If you are unsure about the time difference, you can check this website timeanddate.com/worldclock/ Look for a city in your timezone and compare it with the time in Amsterdam (which is my timezone).

Please note that if you are late, your spot may be given up to someone else who is present and wants to participate.

Wednesday August 12th, 2015 at 2pm (Netherlands time) - Topic: Idioms

1. Megan
  2. Mujibur

Wednesday August 19th, 2015 at 2pm (Amsterdam time) - Topic: Love, Marriage, and Dating

1. Megan

Please note that I’ve had to postpone the second date until August. This last half of July is very busy. I’d hoped to squeeze a second session in but it’s not possible. After July is over I’ll have much more free time again.

Dear Megan,

Please add my name in the list of August 12, 2015!

Cheers!

Mujibur

Hello everyone,

Here is the link to the recording for today’s session. Thanks so much for joining me!

brokenpuppet.net/?p=1042

Take care,
Megan