Free Skype speaking sessions on a regular basis

Hello everyone,

So sorry for my delays on the site. Planning Thanksgiving was very hectic but I quite enjoyed it! Now that all the work and festivities are over, I’m taking my time to relax for a few days. Looking forward to talking with you all again very soon!

Take care,
Megan

How To Sign Up

1. Check the list below for the current dates and times.
  2. Post here in the topic thread or send me a private message to let me know which dates you wish to participate in.
  3. Send me a private message with your Skype ID so I can add you to my Skype. (Please note that this forum requires you to make 5 posts before you can send a private message.)

Information

1. Each session lasts a maximum of 2 hours.
  2. Each session has a maximum of 6 to 8 participants. (Not including myself)
  3. Each session is recorded and shared with others.
  4. Please sign into Skype 5-10 minutes before the start of the session. I will call everyone into a group at this time.
  5. Please make sure your microphone and speakers (or headset) are working properly before the session starts.
  6. Please be on time. If for some reason you will be late, send me a message beforehand to let me know; otherwise I will give your spot to someone else.
  7. If there are fewer participants, the session may not run the full 2 hours.
  8. If you are unsure about the time difference, you can check this website timeanddate.com/worldclock/ Look for a city in your timezone and compare it with the time in Amsterdam (which is my timezone).

Please note that if you are late, your spot may be given up to someone else who is present and wants to participate.

Thursday December 5th, 2013 at 2pm (Amsterdam, Netherlands time) Topic: Culture Continued

Note: This will be an “ask your own questions” session. Please think of a few questions pertaining to culture that you would like to ask to the rest of the group.

1. Megan
  2. Kati
  3. Mujibur
  4. Terry
  5. Anastasia
  6. Antonio
  7. Yuri

Thursday December 12th, 2013 at 2pm (Amsterdam, Netherlands time) Topic: Transportation

1. Megan
  2. Kati
  3. Mujibur
  4. Anastasia
  5. Yuri

Sunday and Wednesday Sessions

1. Wednesday, 27th November, 2013 at 5:00 PM Moscow Standard Time: Topic - ‘My most precious thing’ : Hosts- Yuri / Mujibur.
    2.Sunday, O1st December, 2013 at 5:30 PM Moscow Standard Time: Topic - ‘Can you trust what people say?’ : Hosts - All: Ask your own questions related to the topic.
  2. Wednesday, 04th December, 2013 at 5:00 PM Moscow Standard Time: Topic - ‘Education system at my place’ : Hosts- Jose / Yuri.
  3. Sunday, 08th December, 2013 at 5:30 PM Moscow Standard Time: Topic - ‘Books and more…’ : Hosts - Urs/Huriah
  4. Wednesday, 11th December, 2013 at 5:00 PM Moscow Standard Time: Topic - ‘What can we do about the global climate change?’ : Hosts- Terry / Yuri.
  5. Sunday, 15th December, 2013 at 5:30 PM Moscow Standard Time: Topic - ‘HIV & AIDs’ : Hosts - Urs / Mujibur.

Hi, Megan, How are you?
I’d like to join your topic on December 5th.
I am in China now, thanks.

How To Sign Up

2. Post here in the topic thread or send me a private message to let me know which dates you wish to participate in.
  3. Send me a private message with your Skype ID so I can add you to my Skype. (Please note that this forum requires you to make 5 posts before you can send a private message.)

Information

4. Please sign into Skype 5-10 minutes before the start of the session. I will call everyone into a group at this time.
  5. Please make sure your microphone and speakers (or headset) are working properly before the session starts.
  6. Please be on time. If for some reason you will be late, send me a message beforehand to let me know; otherwise I will give your spot to someone else.
  8. If you are unsure about the time difference, you can check this website timeanddate.com/worldclock/ Look for a city in your timezone and compare it with the time in Amsterdam (which is my timezone).

Please note that if you are late, your spot may be given up to someone else who is present and wants to participate.

Thursday December 5th, 2013 at 2pm (Amsterdam, Netherlands time) Topic: Culture Continued

Note: This will be an “ask your own questions” session. Please think of a few questions pertaining to culture that you would like to ask to the rest of the group.

1. Megan
  2. Kati
  3. Mujibur
  4. Terry
  5. Anastasia
  6. Antonio
  7. Yuri
  8. Zhangbaixiang
  9. Huriah

Thursday December 12th, 2013 at 2pm (Amsterdam, Netherlands time) Topic: Transportation

1. Megan
  2. Kati
  3. Mujibur
  4. Anastasia
  5. Yuri
  6. Huriah

2.Sunday, O1st December, 2013 at 5:30 PM Moscow Standard Time: Topic - ‘Can you trust what people say?’ : Hosts - All: Ask your own questions related to the topic.
3. Wednesday, 04th December, 2013 at 5:00 PM Moscow Standard Time: Topic - ‘Education system at my place’ : Hosts- Jose / Yuri.
4. Sunday, 08th December, 2013 at 5:30 PM Moscow Standard Time: Topic - ‘Books and more…’ : Hosts - Urs/Huriah
5. Wednesday, 11th December, 2013 at 5:00 PM Moscow Standard Time: Topic - ‘What can we do about the global climate change?’ : Hosts- Terry / Yuri.
6. Sunday, 15th December, 2013 at 5:30 PM Moscow Standard Time: Topic - ‘HIV & AIDs’ : Hosts - Urs / Mujibur.

Hello everyone there,

Please note on the schedules for the next few Sunday & Wednesday Skype speaking sessions:

1. Sunday, 08th December, 2013 at 5:30 PM Moscow Standard Time: Topic - ‘Books and more…’ : Hosts - Huriah / Mujibur
  2. Wednesday, 11th December, 2013 at 5:00 PM Moscow Standard Time: Topic - ‘What can we do about the global climate change?’ : Hosts- Terry / Yuri.
  3. Sunday, 15th December, 2013 at 5:30 PM Moscow Standard Time: Topic - ‘HIV & AIDs’ : Hosts - Antonio / Mujibur.
  4. Wednesday, 18th December, 2013 at 5:00 PM Moscow Standard Time: Topic - ‘Caffeine’ : Hosts- Urs/ Huriah.
  5. Sunday, 22nd December, 2013 at 5:30 PM Moscow Standard Time: Topic - ‘Inspiring you to unlimited possibilities …’ : Hosts - All: Ask your own questions related to the topic.
  6. Wednesday, 25th December, 2013 at 5:00 PM Moscow Standard Time: Topic - ‘Education system at my place’ : Hosts- Urs /Jose.

Please feel free to propose in bringing about any changes to this schedules, if needed!

Cheers!

Mujibur

Hello, everyone, nice to talk with you yesterday.
Maybe I didn’t express myself well, so I’d like to give more information what i said yeaterday.
First of all, I live in the city of LangFang, Hebei province, which lies around 80Kms southeastern to Beijing,
I go to work not by train or taxi, but car pooling or car sharing. Because there really is lots of people who are working in Beijing but not living there as the housing price is too much expensive.
Regarding the Chinese zodiac, please find it here: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_zodiac
I am looking forward to the next session.
thanks.

Hello, everyone, nice to talk with you yesterday.
Maybe I didn’t express myself well, so I’d like to give more information what i said yeaterday.
First of all, I live in the city of LangFang, Hebei province, which lies around 80Kms southeastern to Beijing,
I go to work not by train or taxi, but car pooling or car sharing. Because there really is lots of people who are working in Beijing but not living there as the housing price is too much expensive.
Regarding the Chinese zodiac, please find it here: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_zodiac
I am looking forward to the next session.
thanks.

Hello, Mujibur, please add me to the following session:
Sunday, 08th December, 2013 at 5:30 PM Moscow Standard Time: Topic - ‘Books and more…’ : Hosts - Huriah / Mujibur
Thanks.

Hello, Mujibur, please add me to the following session:
Sunday, 08th December, 2013 at 5:30 PM Moscow Standard Time: Topic - ‘Books and more…’ : Hosts - Huriah / Mujibur
Thanks.

Dear Zhangbaixiang,

Glad to have your post here!

You’re welcome to join in the Sunday / Wednesday / Megan’s Skype speaking sessions!

I would recommend you to take part in the “Speak spontaneously” thread to practice speaking skills by posting your voice recordings!

Thanks,

Mujibur

Hello Megan,
I’d like to join you on the december 12th skype session. Would you please add my name to the list?
Thank you!!!
See you!!! Take care!!!

Hey Mauricio,

I look forward to you joining us tomorrow!

How To Sign Up

Information

1. Megan
  2. Kati
  3. Zhangbaixiang
  4. Anastasia
  5. Yuri
  6. Huriah
  7. Mauricio
  8. Urs
  9. Jose

1. Wednesday, 11th December, 2013 at 5:00 PM Moscow Standard Time: Topic - ‘What can we do about the global climate change?’ : Hosts- Terry / Yuri.
  2. Sunday, 15th December, 2013 at 5:30 PM Moscow Standard Time: Topic - ‘HIV & AIDs’ : Hosts - Urs / Mujibur.

Hello Megan
I hope that I will make it to the Session tomorrow, so could you please add me? I will have to find that tiny little Internet Caffée again, hopefully they will have a seat left for me when I come…
See you / hear from you soon:)!
Cheers
Urs

Dear Urs,

I’ve added you to the list for tomorrow. It would be wonderful to have you join in!

Take care,
Megan

Hello,Megan, Please also add me to the list. thanks.

Hello everyone there,

Please note on the schedules for the next few Sunday & Wednesday Skype speaking sessions:

1. Sunday, 15th December, 2013 at 5:30 PM Moscow Standard Time: Topic - ‘HIV & AIDs’ : Hosts - Antonio / Mujibur.
  2. Wednesday, 18th December, 2013 at 5:00 PM Moscow Standard Time: Topic - ‘Caffeine’ : Hosts- Urs/ Huriah.
  3. Sunday, 22nd December, 2013 at 5:30 PM Moscow Standard Time: Topic - ‘Inspiring you to unlimited possibilities …’ : Hosts - All: Ask your own questions related to the topic.
  4. Wednesday, 25th December, 2013 at 5:00 PM Moscow Standard Time: Topic - ‘Education system at my place’ : Hosts- Urs /Jose.
  5. Sunday, 29th December, 2013 at 5:30 PM Moscow Standard Time: Topic - ‘Happiness’ : Hosts - Huriah / Anastasia
  6. Wednesday, 01st January, 2014 at 5:00 PM Moscow Standard Time: Topic - ‘New Year Celebration in your place?’ : Hosts- Terry / Yuri.

Please feel free to propose in bringing about any changes to this schedules, if needed!

Cheers!

Mujibur

Hello Mujibur
Thanks a lot for posting the new dates of the Skype Sessions.
Unfortunately, I’m only available on the 18th (hosting together with Huriah is ok) and probably on the 29th of December.
On the 25th, we celebrate Christmas. So could you please find someone else who can host that Session?
Many thanks:)
Urs

Hello everyone,

Here is the link to the recordings from today’s session brokenpuppet.net/?p=661

Take care,
Megan

How To Sign Up

Information

Thursday January 2nd, 2014 at 2pm (Amsterdam, Netherlands time) Topic: Homeless

1. Megan

Thursday January 9th, 2014 at 2pm (Amsterdam, Netherlands time) Topic: Food - Cooking and Eating Habits

1. Megan

1. Sunday, 15th December, 2013 at 5:30 PM Moscow Standard Time: Topic - ‘HIV & AIDs’ : Hosts - Antonio / Mujibur.
  2. Wednesday, 18th December, 2013 at 5:00 PM Moscow Standard Time: Topic - ‘Caffeine’ : Hosts- Urs/ Huriah.
  3. Sunday, 22nd December, 2013 at 5:30 PM Moscow Standard Time: Topic - ‘Inspiring you to unlimited possibilities …’ : Hosts - All: Ask your own questions related to the topic.
  4. Wednesday, 25th December, 2013 at 5:00 PM Moscow Standard Time: Topic - ‘Education system at my place’ : Hosts- Urs /Jose.
  5. Sunday, 29th December, 2013 at 5:30 PM Moscow Standard Time: Topic - ‘Happiness’ : Hosts - Huriah / Anastasia
  6. Wednesday, 01st January, 2014 at 5:00 PM Moscow Standard Time: Topic - ‘New Year Celebration in your place?’ : Hosts- Terry / Yuri.

Note: Please note that if I have time, I will host a session or two over the Christmas vacation. They will most likely be evening sessions and may be on rather short notice (The same day or the next day). If you’d be interested in attending or at least being informed about them, please let me know.

Hello Megan
I would be happy to join a Skype Session or two during the Christmas Vacation. Please let me know:)
The 26th, the 31th of December won’t be possible, but the rest should be ok as far as I can know now.
We will be in a Skying Vacation from the 2th till the 5th January, and Thursday 8th is my first working day…
Have a nice day
Urs

Hello everyone there,

Cheers!

Mujibur

N. B. I propose to keep postponed the Wednesday, 25th December, 2013 session on the occasion of Holy Christmas.