First new business vocab test

Here you can complete the first business vocabulary test in a new batch: business vocabulary 1[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, question-response: Would you prefer an aisle seat or a window seat?[YSaerTTEW443543]

Thanks for sharing, Torsten. My result is 9 out of 10.

Hi, I am not sure I really like question #7

Amazon has announced that it will have to ________ 1,500 jobs over the next 12 months.

Do you have sources where they talk about downsizing jobs instead of downsizing the company? To downsize a job seems like it would imply turning it from full-time to part-time or something like that. It is true that I have heard “I got downsized”, but to me that really means “I was a victim of a company downsizing.”

So to my way of thinking, something like “Amazon has announced it will downsize and thus shed 1,500 jobs over the next 12 months.” would sound ok.

Hi TJ, you are right, I’ll fix this soon, many thanks for pointing it out.[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, question-response: Are you sure you won’t have an appetizer?[YSaerTTEW443543]

I wouldn’t rush to ‘improve’ the test question. The expected answer is ‘shed’, and it sounds OK in business context for me: “Discard (something undesirable, superfluous, or outdated) ‘many firms use relocation as an opportunity to shed jobs’“ en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/shed

“Amazon has announced that it will have to shed [= axe] 1,500 jobs over the next 12 months.” (?)

When I took the test, the answer it was looking for was “downsized”.

Yes, TJ had pointed out an error I had made initially. I corrected it yesterday right before you, Eugene, took the test.[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, question-response: How come you didn’t go to the leadership conference?[YSaerTTEW443543]

I seem to have found an error:

Surely “regret” is the correct choice and not “apologize” as the test indicates, isn’t that right?

apologize (to somebody) (for something)

Thank you very much for pointing this out, I’ve corrected it.[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, question-response: How should we pay for the shipment?[YSaerTTEW443543]