Fill the blank

1. I’ve been feeling full of -weakness- lately. It must be down to the healthier diet I’m on.
  2. She’s feeling a bit -under- the weather so won’t be coming into work.
  3. I’ve really worked up an -hour- this afternoon digging in the garden.
  4. Our boss picked up the -sandwiches- in the restaurant as a treat for all our hard work.
  5. In periods of recession you’ll find many companies go to the bankrupt.
  6. We had a lawyer read the -contract- print before we agreed to sign the contract.
  7. There’s nothing like getting a successful business off the -ground- and seeing it flourish.
    Please verify my filling the blanks and correct them.
    Thanks.
  1. I’ve been feeling full of -weakness- BEANS lately. It must be down to the healthier diet I’m on.

2. She’s feeling a bit -under- the weather so won’t be coming into work. ✓

3. I’ve really worked up an -hour- APPETITE this afternoon digging in the garden.

4. Our boss picked up the -sandwiches- TAB in the restaurant as a treat for all our hard work.

5. In periods of recession you’ll find many companies go to the bankrupt. >> Although since this set of questions seems to test one’s knowledge of idioms, I’d go with
    In periods of recession you’ll find many companies go to the WALL.

6. We had a lawyer read the -contract- SMALL/FINE print before we agreed to sign the contract.

7. There’s nothing like getting a successful business off the -ground- and seeing it flourish. ✓

Beeesneees, Cristina.ro,
Thanks Cristina.ro for your reply.

1. His colleagues knew he was stealing from the company and finally someone blew the -whistle- on him.
  2. You shouldn’t really go around pointing the -finger- at people until you’ve got evidence they’ve been up to no good.
  3. There’s no point trying to deny it. You were caught red-handed-!
  4. I’ve been revising all day long and I’m pretty confident I know the subject -matter- out.
  5. Have you heard about Andrea? She passed her exams with flying -colors-.
  6. I’ve been racking my -brain- all day but I just can’t remember the name of the author!
    Please verify my answers and correct if they are wrong.
    Thanks.
  1. I’ve been revising all day long and I’m pretty confident I know the subject -matter- INSIDE out.

Beeesneees,

1. “I’ve been feeling full of beans lately.”
  2. “In periods of recession you’ll find many companies go to the wall.”
    I couldn’t understand the correct meanings of the above sentences.
    Please explain.
    Thanks.

) racking my brains all day (I know it doesn’t seem logical, but that is the term used.)

idioms.thefreedictionary.com/full+of+beans
idioms.thefreedictionary.com/go+to+the+wall

Hi Bev,

thought both “brain” and “brains” were used?

I’ve never heard ‘brain’ used, but it seems that you’re right. I guess it’s just not used locally (to me).